• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Progress with Mango

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
Just wanted to share some good news/behaviour that happened today!

We had a big success today, Mango was such a sweety, she let me pet and examine her today, she sat on my arm while I rubbed her chest (was able to examine some of her new feathers that were coming in on her chest). This is the first time I have ever seen feathers come in, I guess during her other molts I just did not notice them because she would not let me get close enough. This may not sound like much but Mango came to me untame so to me it is a big accomplishment! She is back in her cage now, singing her self to sleep while she naps lol. Shes so cute :)

P.s. she also ate very well today, (she is a big seed junkie and it has been hard to turn her on to veggies and such). she had carrots and kale all over her face (to bad I didnt have my camera to submit it to the contest)

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
OMG, I just had another great experience with Mango! I have always felt bad when I watch youtube videos of people petting thier lovebirds head and being all cuddlely, mango is not really like that..... and its ok. she was just on my knee and I began petting her and she began to rest her head on my thumb while I rubbed the other side of ther head/cheek! I am soo happy right now :)

Now she is on the living room floor throwing and rolling around an empty mcdonalds cup like shes bigger than it or something lol (its about 5x the size of her).... She's sooo bossy even if shes playing with her self lol

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Aw, that's great progress, Lacey! Congrats! I'm glad to here she's starting to eat better, too:) It can be tough sometimes to convince them that fresh food is good!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Love hearing progress:dancing: Good job!:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.