• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Progress with Inca

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was trying to teach Inca stepping up and he was steadily refusing to do so with T perch... Then I remembered someone from this forum mentioned about a mesh or grid as a step up tool. I used a simple grill/toaster and BINGO... We did it. I think he thinks it's a part of cage. I have got a play gym custom made, but he's still suspicious about that.
Another thing I must mention, Inca understands every single word I say... But he will step up/ play/come out of his cage entirely on his OWN terms. When he needs scritches, he'll sit anywhere I point, but when he doesn't feel like step up,you can't simply make him do it ( not even with his favorite treat)... He's an Amazon, after all :heart:
These are the play gym and make shift step up tool.

Attachments

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
That sounds like wonderful progress! :tup:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Just like veggies, sigh. You just change one thing and an Amazon is in...... if they want to.

Secret and I battled over medication last night until after midnight. I was threatening a burrito wrap but the bird didn't care, just lifted a claw with the get away human look. Finally I put a tiny piece of almond in it and whammo, medicine in.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Great job!

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Next Inca will want a grilled cheese with his step up toasting tool!! :roflmao::laugh:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am happy to inform you that his new cage arrived today... Entire process was delayed due covid restrictions... This cage is also not upto the mark, but this is the best I got in this tough time. I need to decorate this now, and then will try to lure him to new set up.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So now when he irritates the crap out of you, you can threaten to make him Inca toast instead of parrot stew like the rest of us.