• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Problems hatching 1st clucth,..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Okay, so my beloved lovebird pair Baboo and Casso are having their 1st clutch. Baby 1 hatched on schedule, eggies 2 & 3 went flat on one side the day before they were to hatch. What's going on and anything I can do to stop this? It's very upsetting to me..

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
I think I know the problem,humidity. I opened the 2 that didn't hatch, fully formed babies... I will spray mommy and outside the box several times a day and hope the rest hatch as planned.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
what do you use for bedding?

I used to use carefresh, and maybe had 1 or 2 eggs out of a clutch of 6 not hatch

this season I switched to Aspen bedding (was told it was the best thing to use)

my rate of non eggs hatching that were 100% fertile has sky rocketed a clutch of 8 eggs and only 2-3 are hatching

humidity isn't a issue, the parents are sitting on them tightly like they should

So i'm thinking it's all to do with the bedding i'm using because I used care fresh for 2 1/2 yrs and never had this many fertile eggs not hatch

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
I am using carefresh.. I do have a mix of apsen with just a tiny bit of carefresh. Is it too late to switch the bedding?

Yes I do have more to hatch, 3 more.. Thanks I will read that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.