• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lindsey
Hello,
So, here's my dilema. I have an amazon, Shy, that I hand raised in 2005. She absolutely HATES me and my mom ((her main caretaker while im gone in the Navy)). We dont think we can ever help Shy get over this. She attacks my mom whenever she takes her out of the cage ((her eyes will pin, she will put her head down, fluff up her feathers, and fan her tail when she is on the attack)) I feel bad for my mom cause she has to take care of her, and I cant really help from where I am, so...I was wondering if anyone knows a good rescue that might specialiaze in amazons...I dont want Shy to have to hate people, I want her to be a happy parrot, but she just isnt with us! I feel horrible that I just didnt know enough to be her life long home, but I want to give her that chance with someone else that might be able to re-socialiaze her the right way. I am stationed in the Seattle, WA area, and Shy lives in eastern washington ((Spokane area)) with my mom. I would be willing to ship, if i could figure out how...
Thanks so much!
Lindsey

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I dont' have any information for you, but I am sure someone will be here to help shortly. I just wanted to say that I really think it is great you are willing to put her happiness first. I have a YNA and he is just a wonderful guy, maybe someone can you help you and your mom work with her. Best of luck!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Hi Lindsey. I sent you a PM. It has contact info regarding a fabulous parrot rescue (one Im actually going today(and will have pictures and vids of his aviaries and birds) and I sent my contact info via PM.

Last edited:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
hun i cant help you either im on canada but i do thank you for putting your bird first they are a great pet when bonded but when they decide no it sure akes it hard again thanks your a good mom
doll mango

Status
Not open for further replies.