• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Princess Parrots?

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I only just heard of these tonight in a different thread, and now I’m down the rabbit hole :roflmao:

They’re insanely gorgeous! Can anyone tell me firsthand experiences with them?

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
One of the most underrated birds out there, IMO. I would absolutely love to have the chance to have another one day.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
One of the most underrated birds out there, IMO. I would absolutely love to have the chance to have another one day.
Do you have any photos of your previous one? What was it like as a pet?

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
Had to dig a little for this. I know there's some pictures of Washington around but they can be hard to find sometimes.
Washington.JPG
Washy was my family's bird who passed away about 4ish years ago, tortures me to this day that he could still be around if I'd known now what I know about birds back then.
So yeah, we certainly didn't do many things that we should have, like regular out of cage time. Early on he did come out of the cage every now and then and enjoyed hanging out on peoples' heads, I don't remember much more about those interaction cause I was young. When being let out stopped being frequent it reached a point where he wouldn't come out by himself at all, he would freak out.
Washington had a fabulous vocab, and would say things like "Pretty Boy" "Wash your hands" "Hello" as well a wide selection of sounds, whistles and chatters. Having a "conversation" with Washy was very popular with lots of people including me. He loved people interaction as long as you weren't trying to touch him (or get him out of his cage), beak rubs were his limit. From what I've read that's pretty common, being hands off bird.
I hope some of that was kinda interesting :)

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Had to dig a little for this. I know there's some pictures of Washington around but they can be hard to find sometimes.
View attachment 415237
Washy was my family's bird who passed away about 4ish years ago, tortures me to this day that he could still be around if I'd known now what I know about birds back then.
So yeah, we certainly didn't do many things that we should have, like regular out of cage time. Early on he did come out of the cage every now and then and enjoyed hanging out on peoples' heads, I don't remember much more about those interaction cause I was young. When being let out stopped being frequent it reached a point where he wouldn't come out by himself at all, he would freak out.
Washington had a fabulous vocab, and would say things like "Pretty Boy" "Wash your hands" "Hello" as well a wide selection of sounds, whistles and chatters. Having a "conversation" with Washy was very popular with lots of people including me. He loved people interaction as long as you weren't trying to touch him (or get him out of his cage), beak rubs were his limit. From what I've read that's pretty common, being hands off bird.
I hope some of that was kinda interesting :)
They are just a knockout beautiful species! Washy sounds like he was a riot. And that’s almost always the way - learning as you go is great, but heartbreaking at the same time when you look back at the past.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The wild form is beautiful, but there are also several mutations that might interest you as well.

Lou05Lew

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Louise Sanders
Hi Guys attached is a pic of my new bird peachy I have only had her close to a couple of weeks and I am just starting to gain her trust she is allowing me to pat her and stroke her beak. My question is if I get her a male friend will I loose attachment with her your thoughts would be great thanks

Attachments