• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Prevue vs. Kings Cages

cmor

Moving in
Real Name
Christine
I’m looking for some help on deciding a cage upgrade for my Meyers. When I first got her I got her the 24x22 Kings Cage and I also have a Kings Cage for my macaw. I like the cages and don’t really have any complaints other than price but since I haven’t bought another brand I have nothing to compare it to.

She’s in desperate need of an upgrade and I’m looking at the 34x26 playpen. I don’t care for the play top but it’s the biggest size cage with the 3/4 bar space. I also seen a Prevue 36x24 for half the price but I don’t know what the quality is like. Please help me decide I’m open to other brand suggestions as well.

Prevue Pet Products Wrought Iron Select Bird Cage Black Hammertone 3151BLK https://a.co/d/gnWhqNH

Kings Cages Superior Line Playpen 3426 SLP 3426 Superior Line PlayPen - Kings Cages

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

PetFoster

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie
I don’t know if I have ever worked with a Kings cage, but when I volunteered at my local shelter after an enormous bird confiscation, we asked the public for cage donations or to lend us cages — and we got ALL kinds! My duties included feeding, providing fresh water, and cleaning cages, and personally, the newer Prevue cages were the easiest to work with in those terms. They were sturdy and well made. They have some models that were much taller than they were wide or deep, and birds in those cages always seemed cramped, but if you have the right dimensions, this wouldn’t be a problem.

jeffsf

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jeff
Were there design or fabrication details on the Prevue cages that you found either bothersome or annoying to work with?

PetFoster

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Julie
Were there design or fabrication details on the Prevue cages that you found either bothersome or annoying to work with?
Not really. I will say that because they were loaner cages, they did not always come with matching bowls, and we had to dig around to find dishes to use, so they often did not fully work with the cage (like, they were too big or too little for the built in's, so we were clipping them in elsewhere). Some had playtops where the tray could be removed and there were just open bars beneath, which let in a little more light, of course. The bars and welds seemed very sturdy, and we could move them around on the wheels without freaking the birds out as much -- they just seemed more solid. Again, I don't know if we had any King's cages, but the Prevues generally had the placards intact.