• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Precious Grey up for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Awww, he sounds so sweet...I hope he goes to a good home. If I still lived in Denver I would be tempted.

Paris

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Katie
Hmmmm, I live just up the road in Laramie, maybe I'll send an email and find out more:)

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
He sounds wonderful and certainly deserves a wonderful forever home. Prayers are going out tonight for this sweet fella.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
It's so unfair:mad:...I WANT a bigger bird so badly! I scour the ads here daily, and the one rescue that we have...which has lots of rabbits and Guinea Pigs but no birds! I've even offered to pay shipping at Rescues in other provinces...but they don't ship. I have a good bird home to offer...so unfair!

Phoenix

Walking the driveway
A Too eating icecream? Is this a real rescue, or a "wannabe?" Have they sent in the paperwork to be verified?

M

M.C Bird Rescue

A Too eating icecream? Is this a real rescue, or a "wannabe?" Have they sent in the paperwork to be verified?
What kind of paperwork to be verified? A 501c3? That is much too expensive and time consuming for a small in home rescue. I have a non-profit incorporation business license. Is this what you mean by verification? The 501c3 is a Joke...unless you have a large facility ..which we need badly in Michigan.
I am happy if people just do not BREED them..at least they will have a warm home with food and water until a house can be found.

I am happy people are opening their homes to birds that do need homes, even if it is only temporary until a permanent home can be found. Many birds have NOWHERE to go!

They seem like they could use some guidance on what is safe and not safe for a bird to chew on as the candle holder is in range of that Macaw beak, the feeding ice cream, and the doog cage bird cage for a older Macaw. JMO.

I hope that this Grey finds a great home.

EricsPop

Meeting neighbors
I have a non-profit incorporation business license.
Ok, I'm confused:confused: On your website it states that you are NOT a 501c3, but here you state that you have a "non-profit incorporation business license"
which IS 501c3.
Can you clarify please? Did you just recently get you 501c3 status and have not had a chance to update you site yet?
How long did it take from start to finish to get your 501c3 status? I have a friend who has been thinking about getting his 501c3, and I have been helping with the research.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Ok, I'm confused:confused: On your website it states that you are NOT a 501c3, but here you state that you have a "non-profit incorporation business license"
which IS 501c3.
Can you clarify please? Did you just recently get you 501c3 status and have not had a chance to update you site yet?
How long did it take from start to finish to get your 501c3 status? I have a friend who has been thinking about getting his 501c3, and I have been helping with the research.
No its not through the IRS. It is different. It is a Michigan lisence.
The process is EXTENSIVE hence why i never went all of the way. It was when the Michigan Dept of Agr. was very involved..but now all of the laws have changed in Michigan and I have been too busy to investigate. I know it is expensive also, and there are so many requirements.

What I have is a form 502 Artilcle of Inc. - Non- Profit
Which is the first step needed in order to obtain a 501c3 status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.