• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ppl asking for pics

Matt0071

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matt
Just curious if anyone else encounters ppl always asking for pics when u take your macaw out in public lol
I always bring daisy out for a truck ride if I am going for a coffee or a drive and then just have my coffee outside my truck and bring her along with me
Never fails atleast one will approach and ask for a picture, but obv at this time they keep there distance too

Misters mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Wendy
I wish I could take Mister for a car ride....he doesn't do well with strangers or crowds so he stays home but he does love to go out and play tag in the yard on warm sunny days.

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Yep, it's difficult to get anywhere in a timely matter.
I typically say yes to people wanting a photo as O understand their curiosity and happiness when seeing such amazing animals.
As my birds step up to people as a trained behavior, they get their photo and a treat if I have any and it's done in a few seconds.
The questions however, go on for so much longer. :roflmao:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Burt takes an instant dislike or distrust (not quite sure which all of the times it happens) of many new people who are very interested in him. If they ignore him then he seems more keen to see them closer and actually meet them. I am happy to answer any questions, give away and send feathers, send pics to people and let people look at Burt (if he is comfortable with them being close) but I do not encourage Burt to jump on strangers and I am not sure that will ever change. I feel people can be quite rude and disrespectful of animals feelings and needs so I am definitely not accommodating of that and I am not always comfortable with animals being used as a photo prop unless they are really keen on doing it because they love meeting new people. It boils down to how comfortable Burt is with the situation and if he is not comfortable and it is not a necessary thing for him to go through then I do not accommodate.

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
I have wondered if I would get many people stopping to ask about Yoshi once he is comfortable with a harness. He is just a small conure though not nearly as noticeable as a macaw!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have wondered if I would get many people stopping to ask about Yoshi once he is comfortable with a harness. He is just a small conure though not nearly as noticeable as a macaw!
You will. Birds out with you in public no matter what size always draw some attention because it is not something most people see every day plus he is so cute everyone is gonna want to come check him out :)