• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Potty training progress

Duel

Walking the driveway
So recently little snick has started to fly to the trash on his own to poop though there's still something he needs to work on. He poop "on" the trash and not into it. Instead pooping to the inside of the trash he'd just make his poop stick to the outer wall of the trash can.... Maybe he didnt learn that part cause I kept training him by holding him over it myself. Guess I should start making stand on it when he needs to poop and make sure he poops to the inside of it. Either way progress is progress!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Mine understands the word " wait"....And I move him to perch, and say ok go poo.
And he drops a bomb there.
He's learned its not cool to poop on dad....so he goes off away from dad and anywhere other than on me is fair game to him.

Sometimes when I say wait, I'll point to his play stand and he'll fly there to poop...
Work in progress though... Sometimes he forgets, or maybe being lazy.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
For the amount a lovebird poops, I allow mine to go anywhere. They have chosen then own preferred poop stations ; on my laptop and on my boyfriend. They will happily poop in other places. I try to keep them off my sofa as its harder to clean.