• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

potty training ... do you like your buddy?

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
Sprite likes to poop the nano second he gets out of the cage door, so I taught him to get on his basket right away (as in, I hold the basket right outside the door to put him on) and he poops there. He was quite excellent at this and it worked well. Then JellyBean came along and he picked it up with only 3 tries. But shortly thereafter Sprite decided not to poop in the basket anymore. He will hold and hold and hold until he flies wherever and then immediately go. Keep in mind, Sprite is the one with the gosh awful messy poops.

So yesterday afternoon I took them out, JellyBean first. He goes in the basket and flies to the rope boing nearby hanging from the ceiling. Sprite bypasses the basket and also flies to the boing, landing directly above JellyBean. You can guess what happened ... whamo, a huge pile of loosey goosey poop landed on JellyBean's rump, which caused him to immediately take off. The poop slide off and it fell down onto the corner of my tv stand, which is right by my bed. It fell from such a nice distance that it landed with a mightly splatter. In the matter of a just a few seconds I had Sprite poop on JellyBean, on the tv stand, on the wall, on the nearby curtain and also on my comforter. It was lovely.

-NG

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh Linnie poop is ridiculous! :laughing7: Sorry to laugh, I've been there and it's a nightmare!

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
No, it's laughable! Ok not at first; at first I thought man, I wish I would've taken them out in my usual order: Sprite first then JB! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one with kamikaze birds, but even if so, it's my own doing and I'm ok with how we interact :) Last night they were both on one shoulder and the p'let on the other shoulder. Kind of dicey but it actually worked for a little while.