• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your Special Needs Cage set-ups here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
People always need help figuring out how to set up their cages for the special birds. Post pictures everyone :)

The tiel, has a flat surface. Above his mirror, there is a heat lamp. I modified his food dish and added rope to the perch part so it would be easy for him to grasp. I use a tea towel to cover the flat surface so he doesn't slip.

The CAG was too weak to have a whole cage to herself when I first got her. I put a false bottom in the upper part of her cage, strong cardboard, attached to the sides with those zip ties. The cardboard was covered with fleece. The perches were all low.

The TAG had a toe injury, so I used a long cage. I layered with blankets to just under the rope perch and the food dishes were all handy. He loved it and lived there for 10 days.

Attachments

Diana88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
Well... :)my tiel doesn't want to go to bed if her cage is not covered. Since I've got her I used to cover her cage. Since then she doesn't go to sleep if her cage is not covered. It makes her feel much safetier. I just let the front of the cage uncovered that she can see if something is happening. One day I tried just to cover all the cage and she screamed that I thought that she'll die :) I saw that tiels don't like the changes. :D I posted a pic. In this one she was covered (during the day I cover just the top of the cage because sometimes she sleeps) and also curious. ;)

Attachments

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That Jamie always pulls at my heart strings. How is he doing Danita?

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Here's Twinkie and Pi's cage.

The bottom is foam covered in fleece and covered in paper towel for easy cleaning and comfort on Twinkie's breast bone. Pi's shelves are also covered in the foam/fleece/paper towel combo to relieve stress on his lone foot.

All food is at ground level for Twinkie.

Attachments

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Jamie is doing really good :)

Love that set-up Andrea, so cute

Status