• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your Setups and Play Areas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Cockatoos are probably the hardest parrot, along with the macaw species, to house properly. They are mischievous and get bored easily and have the tendency to get on the floor and wander around (which can lead to a very naughty cockatoo!). Many people often wonder how us 'Too people do it. So I ask you all, how do we do it?! Please post pics of your cage setups and play areas for such an intelligent and mischievous species!:heart:

Mercedez

MoluccanZoey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather
Here is our play area...Its a HUGE jave tree (6ft wide by 7ft tall). I got it off of craigslist for $200! I felt VERY clever that day! Also a large starbird net. I'd *like* to hang it off the ceiling but I haven't figured a way to have both of them at the same time- so right now its vertical- which still works- it just isn't quite as much fun I don't think. I'm still playing with the configuration. I just rearraged the bird rooms so I need some time to set things up the way I want them- then I'll post some pictures.

Attachments

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Heather I like that! ANd wow what a great deal. I am soo jealous!

I will post pics later, but Nani has a double Kings cage...it is huge! It is full of fun toys, perches and a swing. Next to it is her boing. In the sunroom I have a parrot tower and jumbo atom for her. Now the third floor is her favorite place...she is able to go wherever she wants, supervised of course. She loves running and hopping from place to place...she has two hanging nets, a manzanita stand, a pvc gym from cavalier toys, a rope gym, laundry basket full of toys, a metal ladder gym that leads up to her hanging bottlebrush gym....she loves it so much up there because she can play to her hearts content.

Oh, and she loves going up and down the steps.

I almost forgot her outside aviary in the backyard. She also has a large cage I keep on the front porch.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
WOW HEATHER!!! I :heart: that stand and how your play area looks! You got a GREAT deal for sure! I have always dreamed of those Java playstands:heart::heart: lol!

Leslie, I wanna see some Nani at play pics!:D

edit: NANI VIDEO! WOOHOO!

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL She is such a trip! I love to give her freedom as long as she doesn't abuse it! My world revolves around her! lol

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
ok here is Nani's cage set up....Not much on top as she just runs and hops across the top...I give her a bowl with foot toys. She hops over to her boing which hangs to the left of her cage.

Most of the time when she is out she is on the counter, the sunroom, or up on the third floor. She also loves running all over the sectional. lol

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.