• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your macros...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Not a "real" macro, since I dont have a macro lens, and, this certainly cant compete with the incredible photos here, but, I wanna play, so this is my contribution. :)

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wowsers these are all amazing! Keep 'em coming please...

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
With my point and shoot, I can't zoom in and then go in for macro-it can't seem to focus. So I keep it zoomed out and move in within inches and I have no trouble focusing-try that maybe? Depends on the camera I guess.
Same with mine. You can't use Macro AND zoom in.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, AWESOME pictures! I NEED a Macro lens now too, haha!
My pics are a comin, hehe!

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
here are 2 of my Macro pictures! More to come later, :hehe:

Attachments

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
all these pics are great, buut..

i have to say i didn't understand half of what you guys talked about in this thread. What the heck is mackro, or whatever? i suck at all things camera.. I have a pretty good new canon one, but i just mess around with it until i can get a good pic, i have no clue what i'm doing, though.

hsmoscout

all these pics are great, buut..

i have to say i didn't understand half of what you guys talked about in this thread. What the heck is mackro, or whatever? i suck at all things camera.. I have a pretty good new canon one, but i just mess around with it until i can get a good pic, i have no clue what i'm doing, though.
In general a "macro" is just a close-up pic of something. A "true" macro is taken using a macro lens, but that is more complicated....;)

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
These pictures are absolutely amazing! I really would love to invest in a nice camera that could take photos like these!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:eek: awesomely odd!!!

ChromeScholar

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dan
In general a "macro" is just a close-up pic of something. A "true" macro is taken using a macro lens, but that is more complicated
Yes, and no. In general definition, a macro is a picture "focused on a subject close enough so that when a regular 4×6 (15×10 cm) print is made, the image is life-size or larger". That does not require a special macro lens. Macro lenses were developed to make taking macro pictures easier and more consistent. Having said that many p&s cameras these days have built in macro-capability. The Canon S and SX series are examples of this.

hsmoscout

I have more on the way. I was using my 50mm f/1.8 mounted backwards on my nit lens using a 52-58mm Macro Adapter (thanks for telling me about those Shiloh! :D) but I just realized that mounting it to my 75-300mm is MUCH better! :D

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Awesome photos!:highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.