• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It's a hard plastic ball with cork plugs and hard wood blocks, for clarification.
Wiffle balls are awesome as far as Burt is concerned. I found some better quality ones at the sports store and bought them and Burt is just so not impressed with them, they don’t cut the same as the cheaper ones I usually buy for him. Lol.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
nah not yet maybe one day but he just likes having his naps in there an playing in it
Just be aware that nest boxes are often linked to or labelled as the main cause of behavioral and hormonal problems.
Bet Sampson loves the perch, especially if it is up on a table or benchtop.

I need to make a decent looking tree stand for Burt and another for Birdie who will need much more care taken with his to ensure he can get about on it well. Not sure where you got your branches from but I really love the odd looks I get while out foraging on the side of the road for fallen branches with my chainsaw :laugh:

Joe&Mango

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joe
Another thing learnt i guess thanks for the heads up
yeah he does he climbs up the side of it with his big beek, Ive got few of them not, lol chainsaw massacre lady :p there was a storm couple months ago i just saved them from then dried them in the oven cleaned them up, there from a eucalyptus which i checked is ok on Wood / Trees / Bushes Considered Safe for Birds | Beauty of Birds and hoping i got that right?
Have you made them before or purchased?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Another thing learnt i guess thanks for the heads up
yeah he does he climbs up the side of it with his big beek, Ive got few of them not, lol chainsaw massacre lady :p there was a storm couple months ago i just saved them from then dried them in the oven cleaned them up, there from a eucalyptus which i checked is ok on Wood / Trees / Bushes Considered Safe for Birds | Beauty of Birds and hoping i got that right?
Have you made them before or purchased?
I love when we have good rains or storms, I go out searching to see if my favorite trees have lost any branches and make a day of filling the back of my van with them. Burt and Birdie love them sliced and drilled to chew up and they make lovely perches- I never cut any branches down even though I always have my eye on one or two with awesome twists and shapes lol.

Have I made what? Tree stands?

Joe&Mango

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joe
I love when we have good rains or storms, I go out searching to see if my favorite trees have lost any branches and make a day of filling the back of my van with them. Burt and Birdie love them sliced and drilled to chew up and they make lovely perches- I never cut any branches down even though I always have my eye on one or two with awesome twists and shapes lol.

Have I made what? Tree stands?
Your birds would love how much you spoil them
What kinda tree's are the ones you let them chew on?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Your birds would love how much you spoil them
What kinda tree's are the ones you let them chew on?
They honestly have no clue how lucky they are and one of them is a great source of amusement for my son and cousin- I do all these lovely caring things for him and he only ever is nice to me so I drop my guard then he tries to bite me, funniest is when he is on the ground and tries to run to get me lol.

I make pretty much all my bird perches. They love the bark from most of the trees I use, I use a lot of bottle brush and grevillea tree (cos it is easy access being in my front yard) for perches but I also will use just about any native tree for my guys.

Gum nuts are a favorite to destroy for my big guys and eucalypt leaves are a fav for my little guy.

Joe&Mango

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joe
They honestly have no clue how lucky they are and one of them is a great source of amusement for my son and cousin- I do all these lovely caring things for him and he only ever is nice to me so I drop my guard then he tries to bite me, funniest is when he is on the ground and tries to run to get me lol.

I make pretty much all my bird perches. They love the bark from most of the trees I use, I use a lot of bottle brush and grevillea tree (cos it is easy access being in my front yard) for perches but I also will use just about any native tree for my guys.

Gum nuts are a favorite to destroy for my big guys and eucalypt leaves are a fav for my little guy.
Love it! so cute i cant get enough of them when there bolting, I don't know if its for all birds like mine but when he wants to go really fast he puts his beek along the ground and runs with it lol looks funny as

Joe&Mango

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joe
Love it! so cute i cant get enough of them when there bolting, I don't know if its for all birds like mine but when he wants to go really fast he puts his beek along the ground and runs with it lol looks funny as
except for the biting part:p

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
except for the biting part:p
Oh no it is funny because we are both a bit awkward with our weird strained movements so the faster he goes the faster I go and the funnier we both look waddling about the back yard lol

Joe&Mango

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Joe
Oh no it is funny because we are both a bit awkward with our weird strained movements so the faster he goes the faster I go and the funnier we both look waddling about the back yard lol
too cute! have you got any new photos?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
too cute! have you got any new photos?
No I don't actually. I probably should get some new pics of Sir Fluffenchops, or a video of him in the car talking up a storm and giggling lol.
Last pic of him in my camera roll… 59F4BDDE-1ACC-4505-929C-766EDC928C23.jpeg wiping his newest accepted fresh food all over the place. Mr Mandarin:laugh:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ive never posted the girls cage setups just gave there cages a clean so thought id get some pics and post.

Mojos cage
20220907_135301.jpg

Mojo gets her cage changed around a lot with toys swapped out weekly and perches moved weekly, she has always enjoyed having her cage changed around.
The only thing thats is never moved is the vine mat in the back left corner as she lies on top of that to sleep.
20220907_140949.jpg
The toys on top of the cage get put there when they wake until they sleep. Wiffle balls and foot toys are played with through the cage top often ending up on the floor.

KiKi's cage

20220907_135309.jpg

Things dont get changed around in KeeKs cage much as she doesnt like chsnge. She has a lot of perches 10 in total. She has never been the most confident of climbers and would not use a lot of her cage so lots of perches to try and encurage her to move about more, the way they are set up is working well however they need washing daily as the do get poo on them as they cross each other and some are directly above others. This is working and well worth scrubbing 10 perches a day.
All but two of her toys are against the cage bars she wont play with a toy if its mid cage though she will for her foraging mug now. :) 20220907_141003.jpg

Neither cage has rope perches as they both destroy them tried vet wrap they chew that as well.

20220907_140337.jpg

When they are out the coffee table is turned into mischief HQ.
Bowl of water,bowl of sprouts and a bowl of pellets and a couple of large boxes for foraging.

20220907_140346.jpg

Both cages are by double doors looking out into the garden through the conservatory.
And the big curtain is to keep them in the room when people are here.
20220905_145510.jpg

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Ive never posted the girls cage setups just gave there cages a clean so thought id get some pics and post.

Mojos cage
View attachment 413102

Mojo gets her cage changed around a lot with toys swapped out weekly and perches moved weekly, she has always enjoyed having her cage changed around.
The only thing thats is never moved is the vine mat in the back left corner as she lies on top of that to sleep.
View attachment 413103
The toys on top of the cage get put there when they wake until they sleep. Wiffle balls and foot toys are played with through the cage top often ending up on the floor.

KiKi's cage

View attachment 413104

Things dont get changed around in KeeKs cage much as she doesnt like chsnge. She has a lot of perches 10 in total. She has never been the most confident of climbers and would not use a lot of her cage so lots of perches to try and encurage her to move about more, the way they are set up is working well however they need washing daily as the do get poo on them as they cross each other and some are directly above others. This is working and well worth scrubbing 10 perches a day.
All but two of her toys are against the cage bars she wont play with a toy if its mid cage though she will for her foraging mug now. :) View attachment 413105

Neither cage has rope perches as they both destroy them tried vet wrap they chew that as well.

View attachment 413106

When they are out the coffee table is turned into mischief HQ.
Bowl of water,bowl of sprouts and a bowl of pellets and a couple of large boxes for foraging.

View attachment 413107

Both cages are by double doors looking out into the garden through the conservatory.
And the big curtain is to keep them in the room when people are here.
View attachment 413109
two spoilt ladies your set up is amazing

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
20221029_141749.jpg
The flock
Only bought one cage new. The rest gotten slowly second hand. I like the flat tops, I have a sheet of acrylic on top of each. Great for attachment of perches, setting out bowls and platters and foraging. Suspension perch highway above