• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Angela,your room is awesome!

Here are Chopper,Apollo, Nani and Jade......

Nani does not have a lot on the outside of her cage as she is always either all over the kitchen counters, on her gym area in the sunroom, on the sectional, or in third floor suite! lol

And then some of the conures Tiki and Duster.

I will post the rest later.

Attachments

Last edited:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I'll have to go get some updated pics

But y'all make me jealous Your able to hang things from your ceilings I think that might make my landlord string me up to the ceiling LOL

But I'll try to get new pics today and post them later on

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Angela- I want you to come over and spruce up my bird room!!!! I LOVE how yours is set up!!

I need to take some new pictures!

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Ooooh, is that one of those marvelous cages?
JLcribber that is AMAZING!! What lucky birds you have!!! :D

I just moved so I haven't set up the rest of his stuff, but here's Archy's cage (he decided to come out and model it for everyone :p)

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Wow! Everyone has such nice set ups. I love these threads it inspires me to make mine better. Question? Alot of you have multiple birds in one room. How do you not have fights and injuries between your birds? Right now I have Georgia in the study alone because she causes trouble and Chloe and Fannie in the family room but they are only out at the same time if someone is right there in the room. As you can imagine not only does my whole house get messy, instead of just one room, but its hard to keep putting them back in their cages if I have to leave the room. So how do you all manage multiple birds in one room. I would love to have all my birds in one room.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Luckily I have five conures in the bird room...so they are the same size pretty much. They usually keep to their own areas. B&C can be wanderers, so I just put up a mosquito net curtain to separate them from the others. When they are out together I am always checking on them as they are flighted.

In our family room are the larger birds and Jade, our sennie....she thinks she is a big bird! lol Plus she came with Chopper, our CAG, so they needed to be in the same room. Apollo, our mealy, and Chopper can be out at the same time and both keep to themselves...they show no interest in each other at all...knock on wood. I usually wheel Jade into the sunroom and let her out with the door closed. If I am in the room, she can be let out where her cage is but she prefers the windows! Nani is always with me wherever I go...kitchen, bathroom, living room, sunroom, bedroom, third floor, etc.....

My two little ones Kiwi and Dozer are kept upstairs and I let them out only when I can give them 100% attention, usually on the third floor or in my bedroom...both of them are flighted.

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Luckily I have five conures in the bird room...so they are the same size pretty much. They usually keep to their own areas. B&C can be wanderers, so I just put up a mosquito net curtain to separate them from the others. When they are out together I am always checking on them as they are flighted.

In our family room are the larger birds and Jade, our sennie....she thinks she is a big bird! lol Plus she came with Chopper, our CAG, so they needed to be in the same room. Apollo, our mealy, and Chopper can be out at the same time and both keep to themselves...they show no interest in each other at all...knock on wood. I usually wheel Jade into the sunroom and let her out with the door closed. If I am in the room, she can be let out where her cage is but she prefers the windows! Nani is always with me wherever I go...kitchen, bathroom, living room, sunroom, bedroom, third floor, etc.....

My two little ones Kiwi and Dozer are kept upstairs and I let them out only when I can give them 100% attention, usually on the third floor or in my bedroom...both of them are flighted.
Thanks Leslie, It looks as though they were all together. I guess you just do a better job at managing them all and you have many more than me;)

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
Hey mods... can this be a sticky too?? (if it isn't already... I thought I paid attention... hmm...)

ANYWAYS Here are updated pics (tonight!) of The budgies cage, Little One's cage and Jeepers' Cage

Please excuse the budgie disaster - they just had a newspaper shredder toy and it's quite evident with newspaper EVERYWHERE but it looks more lived in that way.

Little one has ONE rope perch and ONE wood perch on the outside of her cage, if I take her out and put her on the outside of her cage, she does EVERYTHING in her power to get back in. So if she's ever out, she's on me (probably plucking...) but she loves to spend time IN her cage.

Jeepers is a basket-case over baskets! She LOVES them!! That "scary" blue rope perch above her cage was terrifying until there was a basket on top - now it's the coolest place EVER! I want to hang a boing and a net over her cage and the net over her and Little One's cage... more play area for Jeepers as Little One could care less!

Attachments

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
It's so clean Angela!!! :D
Don't be fooled, those pictures were taken after a mega cleaning session. :LOL:Until I break out the vacuum every night, clean out all the toys and paper that got shredded, and change cage papers it looks a whole lot different. :o: But my momma always told me to clean up "before I had any type of guests to see my house" :dancing:

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
I will keep revisiting this for ideas and motivation! Thanks everyone for posting their pictures.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Wow! Everyone has such nice set ups. I love these threads it inspires me to make mine better. Question? Alot of you have multiple birds in one room. How do you not have fights and injuries between your birds? Right now I have Georgia in the study alone because she causes trouble and Chloe and Fannie in the family room but they are only out at the same time if someone is right there in the room. As you can imagine not only does my whole house get messy, instead of just one room, but its hard to keep putting them back in their cages if I have to leave the room. So how do you all manage multiple birds in one room. I would love to have all my birds in one room.
I will let out birds that are the same size together, so my two amazons (who get along anyway) and my TAG get to come out at once, and after they are out I will let the little guys out. Connor and Merlin (my conures) are buddies and are flighted so they go everywhere. My lorikeet and senegal stay clipped, as they get really nippy with me and can start trouble, but when they are clipped they tend to stay where ever I put them.

Wesley is only allowed out by herself, and if other birds are out she is usually hanging out in a totally different room, as she is super bird aggressive. We have talked about moving her upstairs, but are worried about the fact that it is alot less safe for her being that it is my dog's territory.

f3ath3rs2

Real Name
Audra
Question? Alot of you have multiple birds in one room. How do you not have fights and injuries between your birds?
I forgot I was going to post about my birds... Jeepers and the lovebirds can be out at the same time, but that's because they pay eachother no attention. Those are the only multi-species outings I allow. Monster is WAY too big to be out when the little birds are out, the budgies and little one prefer their cages...

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Wow, awesome setups everyone! I will get some new pictures of my setups somtime this week!

MorningGloria

Real Name
Celeste
Ooooh, is that one of those marvelous cages?
It is! I wrote a review of it on, *ahem* another board after going back and forth about buying a cage from a new manufacturer. It's a snap to put together. I couldn't wait until I moved to purchase it (which in hindsight has turned out well since the price shot up by $100 a week later!) so I have put it together and taken it apart more times than I care to count. :rolleyes: The instructions were vague and some of the pictures were incorrect, but honestly, you don't need them.

This is the Bungalow model. I don't have the full legs on it as I was in a hurry to have it up for him and didn't have a chance to look for all the pieces, but it normally stands a bit taller and comes with a pretty great set of wheels as well as a shelf underneath. It's a solid, good quality build and we're both pretty happy with it. You can even install the side panels backwards if you are using your own food cups. If you do use their cups, the door is spring locked so it's pretty difficult for an escape artist. This particular model has 1" spacing though so I wouldn't recommend it for other conures. Also I don't trust the open top swing so I'd definitely suggest a lock.

My LBS has the Veranda Open top as a floor model and I've been eyeing that one as well for a new living room cage or a starter cage for my unborn fid. They have the majority of medium sized cages in stock and I'm really impressed with every one.

BTW- It was $306 on allpetfurniture.com shipping included. It's now $399 I believe, but it might drop back down again. Most other places have it priced between $499-699 if you factor in shipping. I think they had the best price for the other models as well.