• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your Betta fish

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Ok, I wanna post my bettas here!
This was Grape, he passed in February. 20200306_092638.jpg

This is Floaty, leader of the tetras.
20200412_222345.jpg

This is my sweet gal, she has been with me since October, she has no name.
20200320_150527.jpg

And this is Stella. 20200418_192731.jpg
I'll add that I turn the blue light on only for the photo. I usually have it on normal lighting because of the plants in the tank.

Mantis64

My goldfish nemo survived for 10 years or so she/ was a common goldfish. I buried her in my garden and covered her grave with gravel and her favaroite toy.

I know own two black moors who havs been with us for 2 years or so.

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Okay, now I’m on a quest to capture a better pic of my crowntail really flared out...but, for now, meet Luna (my niece named him, and declared him “too pretty to be a boy”).
Luna’s tankmate, “Roomba, the Golden Mystery Snail” is hiden in this pic... 5562FE56-FFAD-4DA6-A09A-2D1DC5E304BA.png

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
This was my first betta, Kraken. :xflove: He was such an awesome personality and I taught him to do quite a number of tricks before he went blind.

Leviathan, usually just called him Levi.

And Jörmungandr, aka Monday. This was the breeder's photo... Little dude looked like a black hole in my tank and I was never able to get a better shot than this.
1610106293290.png

Right now I just have one female, Pennant. I'm only now realizing I don't have any good photos of her. :confused:

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
My husband, Steve, was the proud papa of a Betta, Rainbow before we were married. After a couple of years, I suggested we get him a girlfriend. After a few days in the tank next door, we put them together. He was never aggressive, but did HOG the food for a few days... she looked so forlorn!
I will ALWAYS REMEMBER the 1st time he allowed her food-- As he gobbled up the feed... he headed for the last piece, then paused and turned away... Violet got fed! After that, it was love everyday... sure enjoyed watching him flirt w/ her!
Both are gone now, but live on in our memory!

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
I have a betta, Ill post hi when i get a chance, but does anyone know if Betta Mirrors are a good idea?! As i know for birds it makes them hormonal.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have a betta, Ill post hi when i get a chance, but does anyone know if Betta Mirrors are a good idea?! As i know for birds it makes them hormonal.
Bettas are highly territorial so having an encroaching fish that they can't defeat is super stressful for them.