• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your Betta fish

SamatranTiger

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My betta, Pi, who recently passed away. Goldfish are my thing but a friend of mine needed to find a home for her betta and that is how I ended up with the wee little one!
20191116_075126.jpg

Pi's memorial stones
20191116_071607.jpg
20191116_071637.jpg

My goldfish, Pip (bottom) and Poe (top)!
20191102_081533.jpg

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice

what a handsome boy he was @SamatranTiger ! omg goldfish ! guys wait before you post picture of your goldfish i wanted to make a thread "post your goldfish" lol !!:sad11::tntrnm:, by the way is your white goldfish a watonai ?

@she__wolf very pretty fishies ! your oranda and your ranchu are just too cute !!!! cute babies ! i hope you have a large tank and feeds them lots because they will sure be beauties as adult !

harpy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emily Loren (Emmy)

what a handsome boy he was @SamatranTiger ! omg goldfish ! guys wait before you post picture of your goldfish i wanted to make a thread "post your goldfish" lol !!:sad11::tntrnm:, by the way is your white goldfish a watonai ?

@she__wolf very pretty fishies ! your oranda and your ranchu are just too cute !!!! cute babies ! i hope you have a large tank and feeds them lots because they will sure be beauties as adult !
They are in 50L and getting upgraded to 80L this Christmas :heart: Their tank light is broken at the moment so they are getting a full overhaul very soon:pinksmile:

SamatranTiger

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Poe is a lemon head wakin so you were close! He wasn't always a lemon head though. Here's his colour transformation:

20191117_125648.jpg

20191117_125810.jpg

20191117_125716.jpg

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
@she__wolf that's great ! i would love to have mine in a fish tank so i could see them better but i chose to have in a pond outside so im not gonna complain lol they are still have i can just see them from above :swoon:

@SamatranTiger i alays get them mixed up lol ! at home i only have telescope, oranda, ryukin and a red cap cross ryukin !
i need to take recent pictures because the last ones that i took were this summer and some of them grew since :cantwait:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
So many little baby goldies! I love it!

This was my adult ranchu, Waffles He was larger than my hand. I loved him very much and he was such a sweetie. He passed away this year :( He had a stroke, it was really sad. I had him for 3 years, but he was already an adult when I got him. I am not sure how old he was.

My favorite ranchu are the sakura like my Waffles. Gezz I miss him :swoon:

2019-04-22.jpg IMG_4173.JPG

harpy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Emily Loren (Emmy)
@she__wolf that's great ! i would love to have mine in a fish tank so i could see them better but i chose to have in a pond outside so im not gonna complain lol they are still have i can just see them from above :swoon:

@SamatranTiger i alays get them mixed up lol ! at home i only have telescope, oranda, ryukin and a red cap cross ryukin !
i need to take recent pictures because the last ones that i took were this summer and some of them grew since :cantwait:
I would love to see pictures of your pond!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Mine passed away sometime early this morning. I will get another one soon, just need to clean the tank before adding a new one. Got this one in March 2018. A few months shy of 2 years.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I've had several over the years but haven't had any in a long time. Mordecai was my last one back around 2009. He was a crown tail and very avid bubble blower and leaf sleeper :lol:

1919011_756418873568_4352366_n.jpg

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
very cute !!!! i just can't wait for him to change colors he already looks very very interesting ! :knockknock:
Thank you. His head/face is becoming more orange in color. The black alot darker. He must be liking the water here.

20191204_085306.jpg

Last edited:

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
I've had several over the years but haven't had any in a long time. Mordecai was my last one back around 2009. He was a crown tail and very avid bubble blower and leaf sleeper :lol:

View attachment 322216
love those royal blues ! mine also make huge bubble nest !:loveshower:

Thank you. His head/face is becoming more orange in color. The black slot darker. He must be liking the water here.

View attachment 322224
yeah great so far !!!! did you but almond leaves in the tank ? mine do so much better with ! and they change color faster !

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
love those royal blues ! mine also make huge bubble nest !:loveshower:

yeah great so far !!!! did you but almond leaves in the tank ? mine do so much better with ! and they change color faster !
No almond leave, not sure where to get. He has a few mods balls in there tho.
@Love My Zons Oh My! What a beauty! :xflove:
Thank you, he's not a light colored Koi but he has a light head. He's blue and red mostly. He needed a home though :)

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
No almond leave, not sure where to get. He has a few mods balls in there tho.

indian almond leaves also know as cattapa leaves are good for betta fish they release tannins and other chemicals which is a natural antiseptic and lowers the ph of the water, it has been used since decades by asian fish breeders and is great to make the water bettas friendly :starshower1: you can actually find good dealson amazon ;) healthy water, healthy betta !
if it is too hard for you to order the actual leaves, know that most fish/aquarium stores sell tea solution and indian almond leaves liquid extract in bottles :bliss:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire

indian almond leaves also know as cattapa leaves are good for betta fish they release tannins and other chemicals which is a natural antiseptic and lowers the ph of the water, it has been used since decades by asian fish breeders and is great to make the water bettas friendly :starshower1: you can actually find good dealson amazon ;) healthy water, healthy betta !
if it is too hard for you to order the actual leaves, know that most fish/aquarium stores sell tea solution and indian almond leaves liquid extract in bottles :bliss:
I meant up above to say miss balls! Oh good to know, I will look into the almond leaves.

Thank you!