• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post pics of your dogs!

jahpan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Not sure if there is a forum for this already! Since I am on mobile I can only post her instagram:

instagram.com/chiyoshiba

This is Chiyo a black/tan shiba inu, 1 yr old and 3 months. If you know the breed they are definitely stubborn and independent but very much a family dog, and they love their owners. When they are upset they make a high pitch shiba scream unlike anything you ever heard, more annoying than a husky scream lol. They do this from either fear, loneliness or anixety of being away from their owners. I have wanted a shiba inu for a few yrs now even after researching the breed. She is potty trained but we are slowly getting her to sleep with us at night so far we did it once and she made several accidents, plus my two cats are very territorial of our bedroom and hate when shes in their and will attack her. I think what I love the most about her is she will jump on your lap when you call her and will dig her head into your lap asking for scritches or under the armpit pets lol. Though she can be stubborn and not listen at times especially when she is curious and likes to jump on the table >_>.

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
my boy is half shiba! I’ll post more in a bit... have a bird bite bandage on the left thumb so it’s hard to type :hehe:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
My old boy Devo. A1DD2A44-81BC-4D8E-91BA-133268D2029E.png

This is Suzie, she is three and a half years old and is actually really my daughters dog as far as Suzie is concerned lol.
AFC9A813-D7D0-4A15-ABDA-B7E83E7CFE16.png

Devo is a very tall whippet who is often mistaken for a greyhound due to his long long legs. He is 13-14 years old and is basically on palliative care since a few weeks ago. He howls when he thinks I’m not home and actually sounds like our town’s emergency siren to call the SES and CFA lol.
Suzie is a mix, her mum was English Mastiff cross ridgeback and her dad was Neo Mastiff cross Great Dane. She has no idea that she is not a cute little lap dog who weighs over 50kg.
CCAF6747-5689-4871-BBCA-032EF1CE4D6B.png

EBF91ADD-CAA0-47C7-909C-777175B997EE.png

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
Here my boy is!
0DC711A2-BC63-4C41-989D-378A19C116CB.jpeg
his name is max, we got him from a local rescue. he is a very sweet boy. the rescue estimated he was 5-7 yrs old, but the vet said he was only 3- which is great! More time to spend with him. Max is a shiba inu mixed with an american cocker spaniel- also known as a “shocker”. He was surrendered after nipping his previous owners child- who was pulling on his ears, paws, and tail. He gets along with everyone as long as they respect his boundaries. We suspect in one of (he’s been in over 2 homes not including ours) the homes he was at that they (sadly) hit him. He is terrified of us after he has an accident (ex, throwing up in the house) even though we have never done anything to hurt him. He also has quite a few nervous habits (ex, repetitively chewing, not in a playful nor destructive way). He is lovely and is still warming up to us. We have had him a little over two months. Due to his past care, he isn’t overly hugging, but he does cuddle up and kiss you on his terms- it’s very rewarding! His prey drive is... extremely high. He is not allowed within 2 rooms of the birds at any time unless leashes with the birds covered. He has caught a opposum and a rat. The longer he’s here, the more expressive he is. All in all? He’s perfect! 87F5B90D-1F70-43B3-A8C2-DE9788548EF2.jpeg

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
upload_2019-11-5_21-18-36.jpeg

This is Reggie, he is 10 years old (just turned 10 this October!) He is the sweetest little cuddle bug and his fur is incredibly soft.

We have had him his whole life since he was a little puppy and will have him for the rest of his life to! :heart: He has a very special place in my heart and is the best dog I have ever had.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She has no idea that she is not a cute little lap dog who weighs over 50kg.
:lol: that´s adorable! And she ´s gorgeous. I love her collar too, that´s nice :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
She tries to be gentle when she climbs on you but she behaves very much like a puppy and seriously thinks she is still little. She gets herself stuck in some odd places because she can’t turn around or stand up but it doesn’t stop her from doing it again, like she slid her front half under a bed frame to see what the cat (RIP) was doing and then couldn’t get back out because her bum was hitting the wall and she didn’t have enough room to manoeuvre herself out. She did that more than once, same with outdoor chairs and also coffee tables with or without magazine racks underneath. If her head fits then the rest of her fits!!
All she wants to do is cuddle, play or lean on you.
Her collar was made by hand somewhere overseas, I can’t remember where- my daughter had it custom made so it wouldn’t slip over her head. There has not been a collar that she couldn’t slip without even trying, lots of loose skin and a neck the same size as her head means that thinner collars won’t stay on her if we needed them to. The thicker collar means she has to work really hard to slip it over her head and it has a thinner part where it buckles up so you can comfortably hold onto it.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
This is Paige. She was my side kick through think and thin. She was also there for me no matter what I was going through, had a pretty bad childhood so it took time to heal. Paige saved me. I got her in 2005. She passed away at 13.

n2348891_33289319_3217.jpg
Then Brie joined our family in 2009. Paige and her were awesome together lovely little sisters. Brie had health problems and died from a pancreatic hemorrhage at only 9.5years of age. We were not ready to say goodbye. Brie was also part of the chicken flock. She was bottom hen..and every hen pecked her in the head when they walked by. It was adorable.
IMG_20160708_151613.jpg

2012-10-20_16-22-27_483.jpg
After more than a year without a is dog... we finally took the risk and fell in love again. This is our new puppy Gimli. He joins us in December.

FB_IMG_1572894098658.jpg

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
IMG_0922.JPG This is Chloe my, will be 8 years old on Nov 8, Miniature Australian Shepherd. She is the smartest most loving dog I have ever owned. She is my shadow everywhere I go and my heart. My husband tells everyone if between him and Chloe, she would win out! LOL

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah, somehow we got some greyhounds to go with our house, lol (married a dog lover and they’re the only dogs I’m not allergic to). Never would’ve believed anyone if they’d told me this would be my life! :jawdrop1: The dogs are completely separated from the birds. We chose our house specifically for the size of the “bird rooms”, as we saw them. :) The dogs came later.

Attachments

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
12491776_855612994560888_416226442079930_Signature.jpg This is Annie and Princeton. Annie was a chow/malamute. Princeton was a husky/shepherd. We lost both to cancer when they were 14. 20161021_082503.jpg And this is Hogan. He is an Aussie mix, and almost 11. He is my buddy!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is my little dork Captain Morgan, the mystery street mutt! She's like a pitbull on stilts, lmao.

Morgan.jpg Morgana.jpg Morgans.jpg

And my beautiful aussie Anita, who passed away from cancer at only four years old. She was such an amazing dog.

Ani banani.jpg Anita.jpg

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
This is Annie and Princeton. Annie was a chow/malamute. Princeton was a husky/shepherd. We lost both to cancer when they were 14. this is Hogan. He is an Aussie mix, and almost 11. He is my buddy!
Love your dogs, I ran sled dogs 20 or so years ago, and those two would have fit right in and had a blast.

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is Shirkan my silver poodle. I've had 12 toy poodles over the years, with my first in 1973. All but one had names that started with "S". I had 8 adults & several puppies at one time, all in the house, & they all slept with us too. Talk about spoiled! They'd all follow me from room to room, down the sidewalk, etc., like a row of ducks, LOL. I in-house (no kennel) bred & raised them for over 40 years. I also had an in-home grooming business. I think I groomed every poodle for 50 miles.

IMG_6623Shirkan Xmas 2016.jpg IMG_7228ShirkanXmas2017.jpg