• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post pics of your 4 legged family!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'll get photos of the kittens hopefully soon but here's the others

Kitty

Susie

Rev

Boxer

Sophie - she's half mine, half my sisters :lol:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am a huge animal lover of all species :) I would like to see your other pets! Cats, Dogs...fish, lol whatever. I am a large dog person! I would love to see some of those. My favorite breeds lol there are many... German Shepherds, Catahula Leopard dog (butchered that spelling LOL) Akita, Wolf hybrids, St. Bernards, Shiba Inus, Great Danes :omg: there are too many to list.
As for small dogs I really only like Papillons! They are adorable.
ANYWAY lol I would love to see your other non bird animals :) since we have seen everyones feathered family :hehe:
Here are mine, Two dogs, Bear & Dizzy

4 Kitties: Shadow (15 yr old tortoise shell calico), Large Tux (Tigra), Two Kittens (Clifford and Thomas)

I will post pics tonight when I get home. I have the TWIN to your black dog with longer hair. I mean spitting image. And mine was a rescue in dire need who was also very sick with heartworms.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
All of my animals were rescues. Bear was dropped of at the intersection down the road when he was about 6 months old. Nobody could catch him for 2 months and I brought him food and water daily. He wouldn't come near me. Finally my dad was able to catch him and we brought him home and he stayed.
Dizzy-I worked as a vet assistant at this shelter and a man came in with a 12 week old puppy and wanted to have him euthanized. I was horrified and he just wanted to put him to sleep because he didn't want him any more. So I offered to take him as the shelter was full and was unable to accept him.
He ended up staying too. LOL

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Here are some of my 4 legged and a twin to your dog.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
:omg:that is Bear's twin!!!!! Wow, Bear was guessed to be a Lab/Border Collie that is crazy how much they look alike!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yonah, story of a shelter dog

Here is Yonah Bear's story. She will be with us 2 yrs April 22nd 2010 :D

March
30th, 2008 I glanced the Wake County Shelter listings of dogs impounded and up for adoption. These eyes captivated me, and all I could think of was this Girls eyes. She looked like a twin to my other rescue Bella.

I showed her to my Fiance and he said "She does look just like Bella" Well conversing about this dog, I mentioned "Can we go get her?" Dave's response was "No babe, we already have enough animals" and "I thought the Parrot was it, you promised me".

Well aren't promises sometimes meant to be broken? :cry: As days went on, into early April, her face that capitvated me haunted me. I then told my Fiance since I cannot have her, then I was going to sponsor her and pay half of her adoption fee. He was fine with that. So that is what I did.

I asked around on CL about her, what she was like, if she got along with other dogs and cats. I met a volunteer through CL, Miss. Julie. I was in touch with her and a few other Ladies who emailed me back and told me about Yonna. I emailed Julie to let her know I had sponsored Yonna. Well she updated me one night around the 8th of April to let me know that Yonna was going to be adopted! :popcorn: I was SO happy to know that she was going to go to a new home.

A few days later, around the 12th I get an email back from Julie telling me the worst news ever. Yonna was heartworm positive and her potential new Family backed out and withdrew their deposit. Knowing the horrible fate that Yonna was headed for Julie asked if I had any more resources.

I radio'd my Fiance to tell him what happened. All I wanted to do at work was bury my face and just cry. Thirty minutes later, I get a text message on my phone that read: SAVE THE DOG, ADOPT HER from my Fiance David.

I was so happy I just about burst out into tears, I felt as if someone told me I just had a baby!

I went that Saturday to visit her, and let everyone know I was her new MOM! I could not wait to meet her, I was on a mission as soon as I entered the kennel to find my Yonna. As soon as I turned the corner to the very last row, there she was. Not expecting me I said "Hey Yonna" and knelt down, she immediatlely snuggled as close as she could to the kennel door and the second I stood up she freaked out barking and shaking. I came back to see her and she calmed right down, just wanted to be touched.

Well I told her you are coming home next week and I knew she knew she was going to be allright.

April 22nd 2008 she came home and here she is 6 months later. Healthy after being treated for her heartworm infestation, she is lean, shiney and very happy.

This is my "Yonah Bear" We kept her name, but changed the spelling to because it means "Dove" in Hebrew signifying that she is free and at peace in her forever home.

Shelter pic outside and sickly as she was

Last edited:

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Well first pic is of Smudge (grey) and Six (white and black spots) the kittens who are part time house cats - Six comes from our farm cats (Violet and Toby - camera shy) and Smudge just showed up one day with some teenaged girl who came for my son and left a kitten. Then we have my fat ponies: Shadow - Jockey Club Reg (Bet on a Badger) bay Thoroughbred and Blu - AQHA Reg (Twistin Blu Wrangler) dapple grey Quarter Horse mare. Last we have Finn - AKC Tri Color Rough Collie. We also have 19 Koi and goldfish in a stock tank in my garage until spring when they go in my ponds - all these in addition to the fiddies

Attachments

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
Love seeing everyone's pets!

Here's Hana the Pomeranian and Eevee the Chihuahua.
5e7fa891-7f00-0001-477e-15b75213352c.jpg

Yago our GSD
IMG_4341.jpg

Ladybug the Basset Hound
IMG_5839.jpg

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Claire, what a wonderful story about your Yonah Bear!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Claire, what a wonderful story about your Yonah Bear!
It was indeed one of my best ever pets to enter into my life just stumbled upon because of the internet. I was scolded in capital letters in the following texts to stay off the animal shelter sites soon after the first text message came in telling me to save her. :rofl: But she is a very good girl, very good.....so loving and gentle, she bonded to me instantly.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I was scolded in capital letters in the following texts to stay off the animal shelter sites soon after the first text message came in telling me to save her. :rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
I know what you mean. Both dogs are MY dogs they hover around me like crazy lol

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Chompie - 11 year old Chihuahua. He has Addison's Disease and needs to get an injection every 25 days. He also gets a cortisone pill every morning which has made him rather... plump. ;) So no jokes about his weight!

Roxy - 4 year old Papillon. She is a bit neurotic, but very cute all the same. :)

Ginny - 4 year old Papillon x Standard Pomeranian. She was adopted from the Animal Welfare League.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
This is the only 4 legged critter we have these days is Wheeler. 12 Months old. Registered name is UKC CH/AKC Ptd. Lyndobe's Wheel of Fortune. He finished his UKC Championship quickly last Fall and will be continuing to pursue his AKC Championship this year.

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
Asimat - 3-4yr old Anatolian Shepherd mix(or that what the mumane society said). Asimat weighs 120+/- pounds and when up on his back legs is as tall as me

(in picture below that gate is about 2ft if not a little bit taller and it was no problem for him to stretch over it to sniff the dog(the dark furry mass) on the stairs

Nova - going on 3 border collie/GSD mix

Penny - 16 month old mini schnauzer very smart little pup...got two grand champion ribbons(one in showmanship the other obedience) at the age of 10 months. in the pic she's laying with my dad while he was watching TV

Bazil - west highland white terrier/pomeranian mix little spaztic sometimes but is very smart

then last but certainly not least is Duchess our 12 going on 13 year old Silky Terrier...no pics right now but i take one and upload it. have had her since i was 7.

Annie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annie
Lancer - husky cross GSD 5 months

Fish (of the many tanks we have)

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Awww is that a Jack Dempsey I love those little/big monsters lol I also love green terrors :)
I used to have both and HUGE Oscars.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
and...These are animals that are either ours,fosters or (Katie the pom )my parents we babysit during winter...we do boston terrier foster and persion foster

Attachments

rabernet

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robin Abernethy
Here are my fur babies!

Diamond is a golden retriever/shepard mix. We got her at 10 weeks old. Our neighbor had one of her siblings, which was from a litter a co-worker's dog had. We had asked them where they got their dog, and made arrangements to go see the puppies. We found out a few weeks later that the rest of the litter all died of parvo and so we felt like we "rescued" Diamond and saved her life, because she went straight to the vet for her physical and first rounds of vaccines. She turned 10 this past November.

This was a few years ago in Daytona Beach where we were attending a National Breeders Reptile Show in the hotel room:

Diamond and her "daddy" walking on the beach, which was the only beach we found that allowed dogs:

She's definitely got retriever in her!

Happy Diamond!

On May 5th of last year, my last college kitty, Chynna had to be euthanized (she was 16 and got sick and emaciated VERY quickly) :(

A year earlier, I lost Tyranny, who was diabetic, and never used the kitty litter pan the whole time I had her. She truly was a cat only a mom could love, and she stayed with me until she was 12 and succumbed to diabetes and old age, even though my house smelled because of her - I knew that I owed it to her to let her live out her life with me and not give her up to be someone else's problem. It was a tough road, and she also didn't like being held, but she took her insulin shots great and purred for the scritches she'd get. But she was sometimes very hard to love when you found wet spots and bm's all around the house.

and a few years before that, my beloved Shasta. Shasta survived five years after a leg amputation - he had fibro sarcoma in his leg and the amputation allowed him to have five more years with us. I remember that he had his surgery the same week that Princess Diana died, because it seemed that the world had gone mad to me that week:

Shasta and Diamond:

A month after I said goodbye to my beloved Chynna, I was in Petsmart picking up some dog food and some rat bedding and they were having an adoption day. I had not planned to adopt another kitty so soon, but I overheard one of the volunteers say "I can't believe no one has adopted Sammy yet!". I asked "which one is Sammy" and there was this BIG tabby, that was 10 months old and his card said that he was good with dogs.

I asked to hold him and talked with the volunteer who was one of his foster moms. She said that he and his litter were from a feral mom, and they had to capture them all when the kittens were still little. The kittens were named after the Brat Pack. Sammy was the runt (yeah, he's some runt! LOL) and the last to be adopted. I also was taken by another kitty named Bean, but Sammy won me over. Off to buy a carrying case, fill out the adoption paperwork and home we went. Boy it was good to have a kitty back in the house again!

Sammy with Diamond, the second day he was here. She was thrilled to have her very own kitty again!

I love this picture!

The same day that I adopted Sammy, I went to a local mom/pop pet store to pick up some crickets for my leopard geckos, and there was this ADORABLE kitten! My first thought was "why didn't I come here first? I want her!!!" but I left without her. I couldn't get her out of my mind and I went back and got her five days later. My boyfriend was working late and he was expecting to see another cat the size of Sammy. She was curled up next to my neck asleep with me when he got home and I heard him say "you're so LITTLE!!!!"

He named her Alexis and she now is called Lexie. She is a true princess with princess "rules". "I'm a princess and princesses have NO rules! Make sure you jot that down!"

"Helping" mom prepare papers to use in the ball pythons' tubs:

Already trying to boss Sammy around:

And my three kiddos together:

I really feel that Chynna and Shasta conspired at the Rainbow Bridge to insure that Lexi and Sammy came into our lives. If I'd found Lexi first, I don't know if I would have even gone to Petsmart that day and wouldn't have found Sammy.

Oh, one other picture. To this day - Lexi suckles my boyfriend's ear. As soon as he gets in bed - she pounces on his chest and tries both ears until she finds the one she wants. Here's a picture where she decided to suckle while he was on the phone:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.