• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post here! Dream bird

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I have always loved the birds I have the best. They are my dream birds.

mochiballs

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessica
My birds are my dream birds. I realize that whoever I mesh with is my dream bird. Although for a long time I always wanted a caique. Picture of Sulley 826E646E-D284-446A-9C86-2D100CA6A34E.jpeg
I’ll also always have a soft spot for blue crowned conures because Pauly was my favourite movie growing up.

Pepebirdie

Walking the driveway
I totally want to have a Kakapo, they are so cute and they are the only flightless parrots in the world. They are nocturnal and only live in New Zealand. Sadly, they are nearly extinct. Can't upload pic so here is a video link:
adorable.

triciakoontz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Trish Koontz
Yes, I love them too. Conservation efforts are very slowly helping but they can never survive on the mainland again. Too many introduced predators. Awful to see them hovering near extinction.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique

Pickles&Co

Meeting neighbors
I have wants a sun since I was a preteen. I rediscovered my love of birds with my tiels and the time was finally right to make my preteen wish come true and Pickles came home!

Some of the larger parrots are absolutely gorgeous, but I fully admit that they scare me too much for me to ever feel comfortable owning one.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I love electuses!! I'm sure the time will come when you have the ability and time to take care of one.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
My dream bird was a White cap Pionus and it took about 12 years before I got one. I currently have 3 and they remain my favorite birds of all time. I would take on any pionus in a heartbeat though I would recommend them to a breeder situation first as Pionus are disappearing from aviculture and unless more are held back for future breeding they along with several other species will be gone from aviculture in the next 10 years.
A few of the dream birds aside from Pi's I would like are red front macaw, blue throat macaw and bare eye or slender bill cockatoos. I have been offered them in the past but realize my set up would not be best for them and again they need to be held back for breeding or they will also disappear.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Im so sorry @Sparkles99 , I don't have an ostrich.:no: I have a feather from when I got to see them in real life. They are really cool, if you look, maybe you could find somewhere where you can see them?one the outside of their fence there was a ton of feathers, and I decided to keep one, it really is the softest thing(in different kind of way). I'm sorry to disappoint you.
16301196082983184539053427476631.jpg

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love my conures and want more :lol: and i will get more however would love a pair of white belly caiques..

There is no chance of getting caiques so its very much a pipe dream.

Im not much of a dreamer though i either do or i dont

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
I would love a black capped conure or more lovebirds, but that would have to be in the future when I have more space and time on my hands.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I would love a black capped conure or more lovebirds, but that would have to be in the future when I have more space and time on my hands.
My black capped conure is such a great bird, he's a bit high maintenence, but just an amazing buddy. I also have a lovebird and I absolutely love their personalities, sass and all!