• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post here! Dream bird

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Tommorow at 12ill post another clue in usa mountain time(at least I think it's mountain time

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
my dream bird is a turqoise lovebird (idk what it is called sry:confused:) or a peach faced lovebird, i think they are common in other countries, but where i live(indonesia) there aren't many, but I do have a cute lovebird, im not sure what breed he/she is but he/she is adorable

View attachment 383008
This looks to be a Personatus or Fischeri lovebird. I don´t know which one because I´m not very good with their mutations. Maybe @expressmailtome will know :)
Not a Peach faced (Roseicollis) lovebird, but a very beautiful bird! I really like they greyness :swoon:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
This looks to be a Personatus or Fischeri lovebird. I don´t know which one because I´m not very good with their mutations. Maybe @expressmailtome will know :)
Not a Peach faced (Roseicollis) lovebird, but a very beautiful bird! I really like they greyness :swoon:
It appears to be a Fischeri lovebird to me, however I am not positive, but as you said it is definitely not a peach faced lovebird.

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
No dream birds in the sense of birds that I would actually seriously consider as a pet someday (although I'll confess that I did research whether you could keep a snowy owl as a pet - I promise I realized that it would be illegal, a bad idea, and unfair to the bird). Once Esmerelda and Mustrum fly over the rainbow bridge (which I hope will be 20+ years in the future), I probably won't have time to take in anything much longer-lived than a Mayfly.

I also have quite severe allergies (for years people told me that they would lessen as I got older - I'm pretty darn old and I'm not seeing that happening), so that further limits the birds I could share living space with.

Were those not factors, I think I would love to share my home with a cockatoo, but, being honest, that may just be a reflection of @cassiesdad 's awesome stories of life with Milton. :D

Realistically, I would love to find a rescue or a specialty B&B that had a program such that you could interact (to the extent that any bird chose to) with the birds and perhaps get hands on training to up one's bird game. That way, even if I could never realistically take a macaw into my life, I could get the experience of standing with my arm out, encouraging one to come fly to me.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Pepe bird got it right!! Sorry I didn't see your post. I love them so much because they are usually gentle and kind to little birds and want to protect them, I love their colors and they are just soooo sweet

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
And don't forget to keep posting your dream bird

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love to adopt or foster a macaw someday. Hahn’s macaw or maybe a green wing.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
A chance to talk about my favorite birds? Yes please!;)
My dream bird would be an umbrella cockatoo, or a sulfer crested cockatoo. I can't help but be drawn to cockatoos. I know they are very difficult birds, but I think I will adopt one eventually, even if it is many years before I do so.:)

1621272078431.png 1621272142706.png

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sparkles!, I'd like a melanin canary - black-red-intensive or yellow with brown (where you can see the feather striations). I'd like it to be hard feathered, regardless of colour. :)

Pepebirdie

Walking the driveway
idk if I have a dream bird... but I really love caiques, Senegals, IRN, plum heads, Eclectus, and princess parrots. I also think hybrid macaws look really beautiful. And of course my sun conure. All species are great.

Gigibirds

Hmm, dream bird? I have a lot of those lol so I'll put them in lists.

Parrots:
Another parrotlet
Plum-headed parakeet (I LOVE the colours)
Conure (they all seem great, but I have met some super sweet gcc's, so probably one of those)

Poultry:
Chickens (for the eggs, of course)
Ducks (mallards because I love them)

Non-parrots:
Canary
Zebra finches

But @Pepebirdie I agree with your list completely!

I'm very happy with the birds I have now though :)

bobatea

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Boba
My dream bird was a conure! (I have one now) Now it is a full yellow cockatiel. I have to search if it is a good companion for conures tho 0-0

Hasanah

Strolling the yard
I'd one day like a parrotlet, cockatiel or budgie to add to my flock

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I LOVE umbrella cockatoos! So sweet and very intelligent. If one did join my flock it would be in a long time, when I had the time and commitment. As for now, I might be a little scared of those giant beaks lol.

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
I LOVE umbrella cockatoos! So sweet and very intelligent. If one did join my flock it would be in a long time, when I had the time and commitment. As for now, I might be a little scared of those giant beaks lol.
Yeah me too

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
The macaw beaks scare me the most. The first cockatoo I ever held and pet was an Umbrella. Volunteering at a parrot rescue has really expanded my parrot-world.