• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possibly the funniest thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Nara and Ikkuma recetly started doing some kind of kitten play, where one rolls over and the other pounces on him/her, and they start rolling and jumping around like little kitties. Yesterday, however, they started doing something very funny. Basically, after they roll over a few times, they lock their feet together and Ikkuma starts flapping his wings very fast so that he lifts off his body while Nara remains hanging down, and they start spinning with Nara's back still touching the bed. Eventually Nara lets go and he flies off for a few seconds, then comes back to start over. It's completely hilarious to watch. I've been trying to get it on video but it's difficult to get the timing right. Will keep trying though.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
They sound hilarious together! I'm so glad they get along for you Carbon!

Off topic, a little. I met a baby sun today, first sun i've ever seen in person. She reminded me alot of the baby pics and videos you used to post or Nara girl..

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That sounds epic! You have just got to get that on vid:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
it sure sounds like they love playing together.

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Video please.

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Yes, yes, I promise you all a video. It's just too funny to go unwatched. The problem is that when they see the cam, they both run up to me and start posing. They think they're birdie models or something lol.

Carbon

Walking the driveway
Ok, so I made an attempt today and was met with very modest success. Unfortunately they started doing it in the dark, and I didn't want to get up to turn the lights on because I was afraid I'd miss it. Also, they were playing in a confined space next to us, so Ikkuma didn't have enough space to cause them to spin when he started flapping. HOWEVER, you can see the part where they pounce and then start rolling on each other. You can also see the part where they lock their feet together once Nara is on her back, and Ikku starts flapping hard to try and lift them off. Hopefully I'll have better success next time, but for now here's what I have.

Usually, when they start their horesplay, we give them a few cat toys and they start tossing them around and rolling with them. Sometimes they'll throw them off the bed and go after them. They're really hilarious to watch.

Oh, and yes, I know that should get a real cam instead of just taking pics and vids with my blackberry.

==========================================================================

I tried to film them again, but they just walked up to me and were looking like they're saying "so can we get our toys now?". So I gave them some toys and they started doing their thing again. Here

Sorry for any redundancy. They just amuse me to no end :)

Last edited:

Carbon

Walking the driveway
So I'm not crazy? hehe. Thanks guys.

Abby, good to see you again.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That was so cute to watch.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I can't wait to see the videos! These two sound like best pals :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
They look like their practicing an acrobatic act. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.