• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible Wing Deformity?

Ghostie

Moving in
I recently got a quacker parakeet of about 4 weeks old. We have experience hand feeding and successfully weaning baby parrots so don't worry about that. From the day he arrived, we noticed that one of his wings looks odd. Today when we cleaned his little box, we noticed that one of his wing feathers had come off. Is this in anyway normal? We were told that the bird cannot still control his wing and it's more associated with drooping. We were assured that he will be okay when he is older. But I can't help but worry. What if something is wrong? Could he have a wing deformity? Pictures are down below. IMG-c242527d7d79ce6d5353701d5495bbfe-V.jpg IMG-454037de6db96ad2734a66794a8c5b2a-V.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
That's not a whole feather, just part of a new one. As his wing is clearly drooping he likely stepped on it and snapped it while moving around. I'd have a vet look at the wing. If there's an injury it could cause weak feathers as well as the droop.
Just to add - even if the wing recovers the feathers are seriously damaged. He may never fly until arter his first moult.

Last edited: