• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible two medium parrots to rehome, not my birds

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Oh I wish you were closer. I would adopt the Jenday in a heart beat! I have such a soft spot for Jenday's. :heart:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Oh I wish you were closer. I would adopt the Jenday in a heart beat! I have such a soft spot for Jenday's. :heart:
Are you sure? That sounds like a fun road trip. ;) (I'm messing with you!)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
If it was safe we could try to setup a train of members to get him there but that's across the continent so don't if it could be done. Be really nice to see him with someone with experience and the time to help him not be so psychotic all the time. He'll sit there watching us and wiggling his wings like he wants love and attention then scamper back to his happy hut and bob his head up and down with a open beak hissing. Eventually he'll dive in head first and hide poor little confused guy :(

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
If it was safe we could try to setup a train of members to get him there but that's across the continent so don't if it could be done. Be really nice to see him with someone with experience and the time to help him not be so psychotic all the time. He'll sit there watching us and wiggling his wings like he wants love and attention then scamper back to his happy hut and bob his head up and down with a open beak hissing. Eventually he'll dive in head first and hide poor little confused guy :(
He sounds so much like our Aries when we first got her. Poor guy! :( If an AA train could be put together we could drive half way. I would cover any cost to ship him as well if you are comfortable with that and think he could handle it. Hubby and I aren’t currently flying ourselves or I would fly down.

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
I can also be a stop on this AA convoy. I’m in the Bay Area.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
He's so manic I'm a bit worried if we shipped him he might just check out on us but I may be totally wrong on that one. Let me know what everyone thinks, I don't want to hurt him now that he has a chance for a better life.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
So anyone close interested in these two Conures together or by themselves? Puff is STARTING to stay put a little longer before running away and Kiwi just seems like a gentle soul who would probably love being part of a loving family.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are both such beautiful fabies,thats wonderful that you've been able to foster them. I hope your able to find wonderful loving homes for them,I've always had a soft spot for the Blue Crowns especially but unfortunately I'm only able to have 1 birdie at this time and BCC's though lovely are too loud for me. Any new pics of them to share,I'd love to see :heart:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
The Phobic Jenday Puff is the loudest bird in the house and he loves to sound off whenever someone comes into the room, which gets the others going.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
The Jenday Puff seems to very slowly be getting more used to us, he sits there a little longer before scampering into his happy hut and I can see him considering taking a treat for a second before running away and doing the bob and weave with his beak in and out of the hut. He will run down and get it as soon as we sit down.
Kiwi just loves to do the chicken noises and clicks and is always watching and takes treats gently. She sometimes tries to sorta tbreaten or try to touch my fingers. The tip of her beak is super long so she can't get a good bite in unless she really tries. Been trying to nip it and the toenails down but not much luck so far, I still think she's going to be a sweetheart with a little work. Puff will take dedication and patience.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sure that soon someone will be thrilled to open their homes to these sweeties. Do you have any new pics?

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Not yet but I spose I should take some of Kiwi hanging on the cage interacting with us and Puff watching and wiggling from farther away so he doesn't scamper away.