• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible pied male?

OfficerI

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
OfficerI
Hello, I was reading a post on this page saying that it is possible to sex young cockatiels who are pied due to their cheeks.

I have attached a few pictures, there seem to be yellow streaks going through the cheeks, so therefore, can it be determined that this is a male?
The breeder (Marc Marrone) also told me that this is a male. What do you guys think?

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

^Link to pics

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The yellow streaks, rather than grey, would indicate a male I believe. That's about the only thing I know about pieds.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
The yellow streaks, rather than grey, would indicate a male I believe. That's about the only thing I know about pieds.
I agree. Although many people say that pieds can't be visually sexed, a woman who I consider an expert on cockatiels agrees with the above. I tried to look for some photos she had showing the differences but she must have removed them.

OfficerI

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
OfficerI
I agree. Although many people say that pieds can't be visually sexed, a woman who I consider an expert on cockatiels agrees with the above. I tried to look for some photos she had showing the differences but she must have removed them.
Thank You! I think I can be sure he is a male now! Very excited to get him.