• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible new pair,help with id?

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
I have been offered a pair of lovebirds however I'm a bit confused as to the species(if they are the same species or not)they are beautiful and I would love them either way but I am really curious.
I have had peach faced and black masked in the past,the blue doesnt have a black mask and the one in back is a color I've never seen before any help would be appreciated.
Picture isn't the best but it's all I have at this time to make a choice

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The bird towards the front looks to be Fischeri.
Can´t see the one at the back clear enough, but could be Roseicollis.

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Well I do not want to cross breed so that may be an issue.she says they are a pair and have had babies before.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You could ask for another photo?

Even if they have had chicks before, you could still take this pair home and use dummy eggs to avoid breeding.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Does she have pictures of babies they have had maybe @Zara can tell if they are mixed bred and a better picture of the bird at back does look like a peach faced to me too from what I can see they are both gorgeous birds tho

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
There´s something up near the nares of the blue coloured bird. I would definitely be asking for more (clearer!) photos so you can decide.

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Seems the woman was mistaken about her own birds those were not in fact a pair,bird in back is a peachface.
She had 2 10 month old peachface in a small indoor aviary with a whole bunch of Fischer's,I opted to take the 2 peachface in hope's they are an actual pair

Attachments

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very pretty pair :)
Be sure to take them to the vet as soon as you can. That first bird is in desperate need of a nail trim, and their posture is a little strange (though I understand sometimes photos show things that aren´t there).

kislanya

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Very pretty pair :)
Be sure to take them to the vet as soon as you can. That first bird is in desperate need of a nail trim, and their posture is a little strange (though I understand sometimes photos show things that aren´t there).
Yes I'm definitely doing a nail trim asap,just got them so I'm giving them a day at least to destress from getting chased around an caught and moved to a whole new environment.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
@Zara-- Is the blue one a Fischers cross-breed? [Maybe w/ a Blue Masked?] Thought it would be a mule [infertile].
That's a color tho!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Seems the woman was mistaken about her own birds those were not in fact a pair,bird in back is a peachface.
She had 2 10 month old peachface in a small indoor aviary with a whole bunch of Fischer's,I opted to take the 2 peachface in hope's they are an actual pair
they are gorgeous

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Yes I'm definitely doing a nail trim asap,just got them so I'm giving them a day at least to destress from getting chased around an caught and moved to a whole new environment.
can’t wait to see more pics and updates

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is the blue one a Fischers cross-breed? [Maybe w/ a Blue Masked?]
I don´t think so. I just don´t see any signs. There is a weird patch on the nares, but no idea what that is.
Ultimately that mutation (Blue) was brought to the Ficheri species by crossbreeding with Personatus. So somewhere way, way, way, back, there is a hybrid parent.

[Maybe w/ a Blue Masked?] Thought it would be a mule [infertile].
No. Fischeri x Personatus hybrids are fertile. It is how transmutation was possible to bring the mutations from one species to the other.