• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible new addition...

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Another question (sorryyyy). I’m going to be vaccinating agains parvo if she hasn’t been already, but I’ve heard that after getting the vaccine they can pass the virus on to other dogs for a while after, and that they themselves can get it from the vaccine as it is a live vaccine. Is this valid? Sorry again about all the questions, I really appreciate your guys’ help :)

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do have another question though. My mom doesn’t seem to be allergic to the puppy, but does bathing the dog have anything to do with how muh dander it has? Meaning if the dog has recently been bathed is she less likely to develop allergies from it? Thanks :)
Bathing them helps to reduce the allergens, but if she were allergic to your little pup, she’d feel it regardless of a bath, so that’s a good sign.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Another question (sorryyyy). I’m going to be vaccinating agains parvo if she hasn’t been already, but I’ve heard that after getting the vaccine they can pass the virus on to other dogs for a while after, and that they themselves can get it from the vaccine as it is a live vaccine. Is this valid? Sorry again about all the questions, I really appreciate your guys’ help :)
This may be more of a vet question, but from everything I’ve read, side effects can possibly include a reaction to the vaccine but there is nothing about actually contracting the Parvo - probably because it is modified. It is still possible for her to get Parvo from somewhere despite having the vaccine, but it greatly reduces the risk to her.

BirdWorld

Update because I totally forgot to post one:
We did not get the puppy. We came back a few days after, intending to get her, but we played with her for a while there and somehow my mom got an allergic reaction. She started sneezing and her neck got red. Probably dander and saliva allergy because the dog was licking her. So we couldn’t get her, obviously. We will keep looking but as I know that havanese are about as hypoallergenic as you can get with dogs, it’s pretty doubtful we’ll end up finding one :(
Here is another picture :)
C895D2BB-8876-4DA7-A1CA-5B7990B5D53D.jpeg

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
Update because I totally forgot to post one:
We did not get the puppy. We came back a few days after, intending to get her, but we played with her for a while there and somehow my mom got an allergic reaction. She started sneezing and her neck got red. Probably dander and saliva allergy because the dog was licking her. So we couldn’t get her, obviously. We will keep looking but as I know that havanese are about as hypoallergenic as you can get with dogs, it’s pretty doubtful we’ll end up finding one :(
Here is another picture :)
View attachment 363656
:hug8::grouphug3::bighug:

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Good luck with your search!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue