• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible disaster avoided

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Geordie and Caleb were out of their crates and I had been going in and out of the house taking care of some orchids.
The 'tiels were acting a bit skittish and excited but I looked around and everything seemed fine. Dog door was partially opened so
I thought maybe a lizard came into the house but I didn't see anything. Checked the 'tiels again and they still seemed
agitated. Looked to the right of their cages and see a green monster hanging onto the bars on the outside of Jaden's cage.
It was the feathered green monster aka Jaden Jalen. I know that I checked all of his cage doors after I fed him but one of the feeder doors was slightly opened
and he had come out. Grabbed him quickly not even worrying that he might bite because he does that sometimes and put him back in his cage.
I really don't think that either Geordie or Caleb would have bothered him but knowing Jaden he probably would have flown right up to one of them
or even landed on top of one OR he might have landed on Kosmo's crate with Kosmo inside and I don't trust Kosmo.
I was going to go out and get something to eat so I'm really glad I saw that he was out and about before I left the house.

:banghead: :banghead: for not closing his door correctly unless he is somehow opening the door. This is the 3rd or 4th time this has happened and
he's working on the door right now but can't reach or slide the latch so I'm most probably at fault.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bighug:
it has happened to me as well. Fortunately, all was well.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh goodness, glad all is well.

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Also keep an eye out on the bottom of the cage. I had tray out one day for a quick clean, with kiwi inside eating his breakfast...Next thing I know guess who is sitting on my shoulder! Doors all locked...tray out with just enough space for him to fit through. Never knew he was that smart, as it was less than a minute from my removing the tray. :wideyed:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Also keep an eye out on the bottom of the cage. I had tray out one day for a quick clean, with kiwi inside eating his breakfast...Next thing I know guess who is sitting on my shoulder! Doors all locked...tray out with just enough space for him to fit through. Never knew he was that smart, as it was less than a minute from my removing the tray. :wideyed:
Smart Kiwi. Jaden's cage has a grate so he can't do that but I have other birds with grateless cages try to do that.