• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible beak and feather disease.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Just wanted to say Welcome to the avenue, and I hope your new bird gets well soon!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I agree with what everyone is saying, he does look like hes not well.

Skittle

Moving in
Real Name
Chantelle
Hi guys, we’ve been to the vet. Not much was said as to identifying the problem. They don’t think it’s anything serious however. They said to put him on probiotics as well as the vitamins and just give him a lot of care until it passes.

Since our visit and getting a few syringe feeds with vitamins and probiotics along with a lot of skin on feather contact he’s doing amazing!

A whole new bird, still cannot fly but is walking around the house, climbing everywhere calling to birds outside , sleeping less and holding himself better. He is no longer dropping his head. The nature of the bird is so silly. I feel sad that he can’t be out in the trees like the others I take him out and he sees the other rainbow Lorikeets and calls to them in the tree, he wants to be free so badly.

There’s no way unless he can fly right?

I built him a perch with branches from the crabapple tree we have in the back yard that the other lorikeets play in. He’s happier but still sits at the window watching the others.

Attachments

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Glad to know he's doing better!

If he actually is getting acquainted with humans though, it would probably be a bad idea to release him.

Skittle

Moving in
Real Name
Chantelle
Hello, update on Skittle.

He’s walking around like he owns the place and has found his confidence. I love this and he’s so gorgeous and funny.

There’s a problem however. I feel like he thinks he’s the boss now. He’s biting me a lot and it’s hard. It’s like he doesn’t like me now.

Is this just bird behaviour or is he a bit of a prick lol

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Birds aren't dominate.... could he just be biting because he doesn't like what you are doing or doesn't understand what you want him to do?

Or could he be curious and is just being playful but doesn't understand how hard he's biting?