• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Portions for a Green Cheek

GeezLouise

Meeting neighbors
I feel that recently Louise has been wanting to eat more. Her usual one full tablespoon of pellets doesn’t even last until noon, when a couple months ago it was eaten throughout the day and she didn’t yell or search the ground for left over pellets. I give her chop but that’s gone quick too. Weight and poops are normal, so what could this be? Am I truly giving her too little? What portions are you feeding your bird, and when?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I feel that recently Louise has been wanting to eat more. Her usual one full tablespoon of pellets doesn’t even last until noon, when a couple months ago it was eaten throughout the day and she didn’t yell or search the ground for left over pellets. I give her chop but that’s gone quick too. Weight and poops are normal, so what could this be? Am I truly giving her too little? What portions are you feeding your bird, and when?
The girls get chop twice a day 20220328_185314.jpg
They dont always clear there bowls but not far off clearing them.
They have pellets available the rest of the time so once the chop is removed the pellets go back in, they also have seeds available in foraging boxes and other foraging toys.
They usually get a couple of nutriberries at some point during the day as well.

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
This time of year, all of my birds have an increase in appetite (breeding season will do that). My birds don't breed, but instinctually get their body ready. It takes a lot of energy to create an egg! I make sure that they have food (pellets) at all times...and continue treats as normal.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
As long as her crop does not appear full all the time, all should be a ok.