• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poppers passed away this morning.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Yes, Michael, thinking of you today and wondering how you feel health-wise. Hoping you had some cheer in your day despite all that has happened recently. Merry Christmas dearie.... each and every day is a blessing and I'm wishing you many more!
Thank you Andrea. Doing good, I keep trying with idea of another bird. But not rushing it. Health wise I'm doing good....well being Christmas, a couple snacks. He he.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thank you Andrea. Doing good, I keep trying with idea of another bird. But not rushing it. Health wise I'm doing good....well being Christmas, a couple snacks. He he.
I'm glad to hear you are doing good. Everything will fall into place when the time is right.... it always does. You behave! Healthy snackies only! :D

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I'm glad to hear you are doing good. Everything will fall into place when the time is right.... it always does. You behave! Healthy snackies only! :D
I'm a good boy.... Except for yesterday.lol....a free for all.
Funny having just one bird. I've never had just one bird.
Usually 3-4. Well, daughter has birdell and twinkie. They were both rescues, and what great way to pass on parronting. Least I get to see those babies now and then.
But Grayson has turned up the chatter, and love past few days. He's a great bird. Such a bundle of love. I have him trained this week to walk over and fetch a popsicle stick and bring it back. He's doing pretty good with that.
Knows what " comb your hair means" and does that exact imitation of combing hair now too.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It sounds like Grayson is adjusting to Poppers being gone. For you, it will take a long time to get used to her not being there and even then you'll think of her longer. Birdless people will never know the joy they give us or understand just how they impact our lives. But we know and completely sympathize with the loss. Enjoy the time teaching Grayson new tricks and continue healing!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
It sounds like Grayson is adjusting to Poppers being gone. For you, it will take a long time to get used to her not being there and even then you'll think of her longer. Birdless people will never know the joy they give us or understand just how they impact our lives. But we know and completely sympathize with the loss. Enjoy the time teaching Grayson new tricks and continue healing!
Ok...I'll confess. My wife alerted me to a goffin that needs rehoming. Soooo, I made contact with owner. One very pretty goffin. It's wait and see now.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Ok...I'll confess. My wife alerted me to a goffin that needs rehoming. Soooo, I made contact with owner. One very pretty goffin. It's wait and see now.
My wife is missing poppers as well, she's toying with idea of another bird.....And I think this was a hint, she picked this up today...it's actual size too!!
IMG_20191226_221427.jpg IMG_20191226_221501.jpg

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

They call that "Cahoots"... where one partner is as guilty as the other.... :D Others would call it "enabling"...:cautious: but if the end result is two happy people.... I call it " A happy ending where two minds think alike". ;)

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh mercy - I don't remember reading this thread, and if I have replied already, please forgive me.
I am so very sorry to hear about Poppers. You surely did your best, and I know he will be missed,
but waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge. :sorrow: