• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poor pico

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Pico is definitely the left out one third wheel since mango been induced to the flock indie still try’s to interact with him but he’s not bothered but mango chases pico off makes me a little sad but I don’t think he cares he’s happy with me when out and playing in this cage he makes no effort to be with them

indie and mango on other hand follow each other everywhere preen each other eat together when out flockcall if even a inch apart
But they do have odd fights over things their cages are side by side and they mostly sleep next to each not sure if this is bonded and could share a cage ?

indie is obsessed with the sea grass platform in pico cage today her and mango where on it together and she’s bowed for mango then fed mango mango just preen indie back legs

question do I put the sea grass platform into indie cage ?

I do think she see it as a nest though and is very protective over it which is odd as it’s not her cage she only goes on it when out and all cages are open but pico cage seems to be favourite for all not sure why they all have very much same stuff apart from this platform?
pico doesn’t care if they come in all three are in at same time sometimes but pico and mango never go close to each other ?

i do give pico more attention as indie and mango do their own thing just come to me when they please but pico is always with me when he’s out just hope he’s not bothered and happy I think mango made indie more happier I think she needed a friend
Could this be as pico hand reared and indie mango parent reared pico flocks definitely human ?

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
My birds are bonded and love each other but they have their own relationship with my husband and I. If mango makes indie happy, that’s great, especially since pico has always been closest to you. Sounds like everyone has a buddy they rely on. Maybe in time, mango and pico will open up to each other.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
My birds are bonded and love each other but they have their own relationship with my husband and I. If mango makes indie happy, that’s great, especially since pico has always been closest to you. Sounds like everyone has a buddy they rely on. Maybe in time, mango and pico will open up to each other.
Yes your right Just feel a bit sorry for pico as I can’t be there 24/7 but I know he’s happy playing in his cage foraging playing feeding his ball

I just don’t know if indie and mango should be cage together or give it a bit longer

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Just feel a bit sorry for pico as I can’t be there 24/7 but I know he’s happy playing in his cage foraging playing feeding his ball
Awww I know. No one wants to think of any of their babies feeling a bit lonely. Hopefully they open up their bond to include pico too, especially because indie and pico have history. All in good time. Glad to hear of them settling in