• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poor baby Guinea pig is sick! GRRRRRR

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Ok So I posted the other day about those guinea pigs . They lived in a snake cage for some time, I think they were then taken out and put in an aquarium. They gave me a filthy aquarium that smelled up my entire van. Once I got home it went to the curb! Gross.
So the baby when he was firt put into my make shift guinea pig cage (a large dog cage that would fit a st bernard) I noticed a dry weezing from the baby. They had been without water for some time and once he started drinking it went away. It came back, just not as loud and I took him into the vet yesterday. He has a URI (upper resp infection) and he has to be on a high vitamin C diet. In 2 weeks i have to take him back for another check to see if the high vitamin C content has hightened his immune system. Due to his poor care and diet his immunities are down and a antibiotic could weaken it more without probiotics. SO,.....Vitamin C fresh fruits(oranges) and veggies (lots) and little pellet is the answer for the moment.
We also did not rule out a genetic defect such as a heart or respitory issue. His parents are very young and the mother was poorly kept , I am sure it was not different during pregnancy. I hope he makes it through this. He was acting very lethargic yesterday but really likes all the fresh frit and veggies. He may pull through. Hope so.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Oh, i hope the little guy feels better soon!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Heres a pic of the poor beebee. UGH people...I know I know..They dont all suck..Just the people I see do! GRRRRRR

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
what a little cutie! I'll keep my fingers crossed for him!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oh no, poor little baby!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhhh...such a cute little piggie. I hope he rallies and gets better for you.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Thanks everyone I do too. I am hoping that the much better diet and high vitamin C content helps his immunities build. Thank you again and keep the fingers crossed for him. He is a cutie and the first one to run to me for the fresh foods..he jumps right in the bowl. Poor baby. :hug8:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Poor little guy!! At least he's in good hands now.

Thanks Sarin. I removed all of the yesterdays news bedding and added fleece only. GEEZ that crap stinks! UGH. Stunk up the whole room. Nasty stuff.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
:heart: :heart: :heart:You know how much I love PIGGIESSSSSSS!!! I love my G-Pigs hahahahaha They are so awesome, I hope they get better!!!! Give now prego mommy lots of fresh stuff too, although I know you will :) All my thoughts going to Da'Piggies :) :heart: :heart: :heart:
:hug8:

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
Yea...the fleece should be better. Just kinda use a dustbuster if you have on on the poops and wash the rest at least every other day.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
He is really cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.