• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poop when handfeeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyBird

Moving in
Cinder is 12 weeks almost completely weaned as of the past 3 days (his choice)
and I am wondering now, should his poop look the way it does?

I think next week is going to be his baby bird checkup which includes gram stain but I am wondering if it needs to be sooner per the color of his poop.

He eats well pellets and fresh. Brocolli, carrots, sweet potato, pees, and green beans are the usual as of now.

His poop is liquidy and the liquid is yellow. Like pee. The poop part that is usually solid is solid and formed. Sometimes alot of liquid sometimes normal poops.

I am guessing its normal. I was thinking formula water and broccolli may cause it. but hes had little to no formula this week and still this morning had it, he ate alot of fresh stuff yesterday though. Who knows how much water he drank.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I do not know much about poop, other than if it doesnt look solid, than its abnormal and needs to be monitored and taken to the vets if it doesnt get better(within 1-2 days).

At 12 weeks of age, I know your baby may show signs of weaning, but be ready to start handfeeding again. Most babies go through a false weaning process as they begin to fledge (start to fly and learn to fly) for a couple weeks, and then its back down to whining and begging to be handfed again.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
When my B&G was being handfed liquid formula his poops were very liquidy and when he started eating mash and pellets his poops firmed up considerably. He still has some water in his poop but he also gets handfed once a day still and the watery poop is in the morning. It's a huge solid poop with liquid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.