• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

goodtrash16

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jordan
Hello!
My Green Cheek Conure, Jax, has been having some very runny green poops today. I am concerned and wondering if there is a problem with them.
upload_2018-2-26_16-18-22.png
upload_2018-2-26_16-16-8.png upload_2018-2-26_16-17-11.png
My computer seems to make this seem more yellow than it really is, it does not appear yellow on my phone or in real life. It looks more like a light green.
All of the poop you see is from today, I know it is fairly runny. I can't tell if it is diarrhea or just high water content due to what I feed them. Jax eats a smallish bowl of fresh fruits and veggies daily (today had one small sweet pepper with the seeds removed, some lettuce and broccoli, 4-5 sugar snap peas, carrots, 2 grapes), along with a mix of a new pellet mix I got recently and an older one I wanted to get Jax off of. The new one is called Kaytee Fiesta Big Bites Diet Pet Food and the old one was Kaytee Exact Rainbow Parrot & Conure Bird Food. They also get one nutriberry in the morning, one usually when I get home, and one later into the night. I do not feel like Jax is eating enough pellets/seed mix in their diet, but they are very stubborn with eating pellets.
When I got home today from school, they were hanging out with my mom's boyfriend. When I got them back from him, I saw what you see above and felt a bit concerned, mostly with the coloring of the poop.
Should I be worried? Should I change what they are eating?
upload_2018-2-26_16-33-16.png
Here is a more recent poop, sorry for the awful quality.

goodtrash16

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jordan
Also, quick update, I just checked on what they've eaten today and I saw that they barely touched their greens (as usual, if anyone has any tips to help me get them to eat their greens that would be great -__-) and ate some of their pepper and all of the grape provided. I saw that there was a few green pellets from the rainbow food mix in their water bowl, and now I'm wondering if the pigments in the mix is coloring their urine! Could that be a possibility?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Should I be worried? Should I change what they are eating?
Poop looks fine to me. You can not make any judgements about any single events because they could have eaten something strange today. You need to see irregular poop events on a consistent basis over a number of days before there's need for concern.