• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poop question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
OK, so every morning I take Pita out of his sleep cage....we go into the shower....he goes on his shower perch.....and he does his morning "Poop Bomb"

This morning it took him forever, and then when he did poop it was hardly nothing. He is acting normal. I checked his cage to see if he pooped in there which he never does......should I be concerned?

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
OK, so every morning I take Pita out of his sleep cage....we go into the shower....he goes on his shower perch.....and he does his morning "Poop Bomb"

This morning it took him forever, and then when he did poop it was hardly nothing. He is acting normal. I checked his cage to see if he pooped in there which he never does......should I be concerned?
Sounds normal to me...we have 3 birds that never poop in cages (Hahns, CAG and GW) Sometimes, morning 'bombs' are minimal. Especially if we've put them to bed later than usual.
How much seed is Pita eating before bed? that can be one reason for small monring droppings.

Doris

pga7602

Jogging around the block
It all depends on what happened the night before. The poop bomb is no guarantee. lol

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Maybe he just didn't eat a lot you know.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
If it's just once and he's pooping normally later in the day, I'd say it's nothing to worry about.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Gayla, I would keep an eye on Pita's droppings during the day. Are they normal?

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
Good news. Tonight when I put him to bed, I checked the bottom of his sleep cage again. I have a dark towel on the bottom, and I found the morning poop bomb. So all this was for nothing. He's an exceptional, accomplished pooper.

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Great news, Gayla! I was going to ask you if it was possible he pooped on the way to the shower. Calvin has done that every once in a while... but his morning bombs are... well, kinda like a St. Bernard size so it is hard to miss!

(Here's Calvin for those of you who don't know him)

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
Awww....HI CALVIN.....what a pretty boy he is.

Once I was right at the shower door. My hand on the door, and he let one go....it splattered all over the shower door and me. Little bird....BIG MORNING POOP!

Oh Kathie....I got the thing we talked about for my taxes....thanx.

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Okay, so if non bird owners saw this threat they would think we were pretty loopy, lol. The title made me chuckle because we only understand each other. It's totally common for us though.

gayla

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gayla
LOL...if non bird people stumbled upon any bird forum, they'd be confused, baffled....and entertained. :huh:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
I have to admit that I was a bit stunned when I read this myself :confused: I was thinking, she measures the bird's pooh?!

I read the poop link and understand this better now. I had to run go check KerBears papers:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.