• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

poop; is this morning poop an issue?

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
this morning I got Leaf up and he didn't do his morning poo until he was on my couch. when I wiped it up it looked vaguely concerning. I'm about to call my avian vet because he's sitting puffed up on my knee instead of his usual self. I'm really worried right now IMG_0661.JPG

UPDATE: called the vet and he said if it's a one time thing and the rest of his poops look more normal before I go to work then he'll be fine. said to remove everything but pellets in his cage for now. I'm so close to crying because I don't want him to feel sick or to be sick and I'm very worried. I'm the overly concerned parront.

Last edited:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Those morning poo are pretty scary sometimes, usually bigger and sometimes have an odor, hopefully the next few will be normal. Hope he's OK.

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
the vet talked me through what he ate yesterday and he ate Nutri-berries with cranberries in them, probably some papaya. so he seems to believe that it's okay. but told me to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't change to call him back and we'll be on our way to the vet to get him checked up. so far he seems fine, he's acting normal and very upset that I'm not letting him out of his cage for morning birdie time. vet's orders, Leaf, I'm sorry! :sad14:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Your vet is correct. You can't make any judgement on 1 poop event.
he's acting normal and very upset that I'm not letting him out of his cage for morning birdie time.
This is more your paranoia than anything my friend. :)

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Gracie had one that looked way too big to be coming out of a bird her size but she was fine. My shirt on the other not so much. Sometimes they will hold the first morning bomb poop then let it go and they can be a bit interesting to say the least. I'm sure Leaf is going to be fine its probably from the cranberry.

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
thank you guys!! I sent a text to my vet and he said it looked normal and I'll check on him on my lunch break. I'm just the paranoid person of a bird and I want to make sure he's okay. I love him so much...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:omg: We call it the morning bomb :scared4: and sun conure Tikki is the most famous in our house. He doesn't sit on anyone:backout: unless he's "gone poopies" on the bay window perch first.

McBird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bird
the vet, and my mom, said he was more than likely okay lol and I checked on my lunch break and he's pooping normally now. I'll check once I get off to make sure before I go teach a girl how to groom. I'm such a paranoid birdie parront

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
the vet, and my mom, said he was more than likely okay lol and I checked on my lunch break and he's pooping normally now. I'll check once I get off to make sure before I go teach a girl how to groom. I'm such a paranoid birdie parront
The first time most of us see that first morning POOP we all get a little worried - until everyone else pitches in and it ends up being a "whose a.m. poop is biggest" p*ss**g contest almost.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The first time most of us see that first morning POOP we all get a little worried - until everyone else pitches in and it ends up being a "whose a.m. poop is biggest" p*ss**g contest almost.

Or you start creating poop art. :D
IMG_3625.JPG
"Dromedary"

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Your not paranoid, best to be observant.