• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dextine

Meeting neighbors
8DA7A2C8-CE51-4F59-B5EF-E4AB4EFA1F30.jpeg Hi everyone,

My two lovebirds have been inconsistent with pooping..

They first had only pellets and I noticed them pooping more and smaller amounts. I decided to add back their seed mix and they strain less with pooping now.

Yesterday they ate:
Pellets with red bellpepper mix
Seed mix

I’ve included pictures of yesterdays droppings. They were out of cage for a while so this won’t be all of their droppings.

Please someone help.
The urine being green can’t be good.

I don’t know a avian vet nearby and getting them into a travel cage will be awful and break so much trust.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Changing diet and also the different vegetables we give our birds will all effect their poops (both colour and consistency).
Birds shouldn´t be straining to poop though.

I don’t know a avian vet nearby and getting them into a travel cage will be awful and break so much trust.
If you are worried for your birds health then a visit to the vet should come before any trust or bond you may or may not have.

Have a read through this, I think it will help you: Is your bird suffering from poopology - All about bird droppings
¨The one thing to remember with droppings is they will normally be inconsistent when healthy. This is due to the fact that a healthy bird will be eating a rich and varied diet. When ill the droppings will be consistently abnormal.¨

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Your main concern - green urine - is probably just colour from the fecaes leeching out.
The look of the poops does depend somewhat on what the bird is eating, and a change of food will cause a change in the poop within just a few hours. Strongly coloured pellets can give some interesting poops.
Your lovies are eating and drinking fine? I see no reason to worry from your photographs.

Dextine

Meeting neighbors
Your main concern - green urine - is probably just colour from the fecaes leeching out.
Yes, I got very scared.
They are otherwise eating and drinking fine.

Yesterday they did however want to sleep very long. from 17.00-10.00. I've seen them wanting to sleep more but they are otherwise energetic during the day.

Thanks, this gave me a bit more rest.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Yes, I got very scared.
They are otherwise eating and drinking fine.

Yesterday they did however want to sleep very long. from 17.00-10.00. I've seen them wanting to sleep more but they are otherwise energetic during the day.

Thanks, this gave me a bit more rest.
What toys/activities do they have in the cage. Do they get time out of the cage to fly in your home?
17 hours is a lot of sleep.

Ignore that. I see you have another thread discussing these things.

Last edited: