• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ponytail = STRANGER DANGER

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just made the mistake of going into the New World room with my hair still pinned from doing my makeup, and upon seeing me Aurélie instantly went into BEAST MODE.

Beak open, feathers fluffed, tail flared, pionus strut, the whole nine yards. She had NO idea who I was. Poor little girl. :hilarious:

I took my hair down right in front of her, and the second it was loose again she went "hi baby!" and blew me some kisses. :rolleyes: Dork.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
:coffeescreen: I know that look.

Not one of mine, but I was transporting a bird in my car who was totally chill with me until I had the gall to take off my sunglasses. She went into full attack mode immediately. :eek: So glad she was in the carrier! She calmed down again when I put them back on. :hilarious: Tested it a couple times to the same result.

Birds. Gotta love 'em.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
LOL!! Yah, one time I went out into my aviary with my hair back in a beret, and holy cow my Blue Head Breeder pairs were lunging at me through the wire and trying to attack me through the wire. Thought what the heck then realized I had my hair back so I took it out of my hair and turned around completely while removing it then all was good! They do go by looks and habits of how they see things. I one time came into my bird room where my pets are and a couple of the birds freaked when they saw the towel wrapped around my head ... immediately removed it then they were fine. They were silly!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Lurch went full Banzai on sister when she came out in a coat he'd never seen, he would come after me if I was wearing a hat or hoodie he didn't know, and when I went to meet Momazon and pick up Dobby I was wearing a ball cap that freaked him out. Realizing something was upsetting him and knowing how Lurch had been I took the cap off and we were instant friends. They watch how things are and work in their area and when it changes whatever it is must die to protect the flock. If the changed thing goes back to what they know all is right with their world again.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I was transporting a bird in my car who was totally chill with me until I had the gall to take off my sunglasses.
Strange that she was okay with them on. Buzzard gave me a well-deserved pinch once when I came in and forgot I was wearing mine. :o:

He's gotten used to seeing towels on my head and has never cared how I wear my hair, and thankfully he's forgiven hubby for getting a haircut, though that took about 8 months and two more haircuts to get over.:embarassed: Now he doesn't care how he wears his hair either.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Beak open, feathers fluffed, tail flared, pionus strut, the whole nine yards.
Yep, I know how that is. :rolleyes: It happens at least once or twice/day here. And I have two that doing the strut together. :meh:
But lucky me, they are never angry at me or attacking me. :)
If I'm bored it happens that I made them going into "strut mode". :smuggrin::o:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've had to desensitise Leia to bobble hats :lol:

The other night I put on my wireless headphones *before* I put her to bed. She promptly strutted around on top of her cage for ten minutes before I could convince her to go to bed.

Speaking of, wireless headphones are amazing if your TV is in the same room as your bird. I can watch TV after 9pm again!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I was allowed to touch Nerd mid strut, he didn't like it but he trusted me so grudgingly allowed it. Lurch would have removed some fingers so I never tried, not sure about Dobby and he usually doesn't strut much. He so social he'd probably be like Nerd but don't want to offend him.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He so social he'd probably be like Nerd but don't want to offend
And so are mine. Eliy is sometimes doing the strut on my shoulder and I trust her.
But I never touch them, you can see that even if they don't are angry at you they don't appreciate it.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yes, their strut time is not to be disturbed or most will get da bites.