• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poncho's finally coming home!

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Back in march I posted about a mustache parakeet named Poncho, who belonged to my boss, that I was possibly going to adopt from her. After a lot of thinking, talking, adjusting things, everything is decided, and I am bringing him home on the 15th! I am BEYOND excited.

He's 30 years old, a previous breeder, and a naked little bobble head. This is my favorite video of us:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Awe congratulations! 30 years is an impressive old age. :fairy: Does he pluck from stress or is it something else?

I am looking forward to hearing more about your life with Poncho!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations! :starshower1:

Poncho is adorable! :cloud9: I look forward to your update when he is home :loveshower:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awe congratulations! 30 years is an impressive old age. :fairy: Does he pluck from stress or is it something else?

I am looking forward to hearing more about your life with Poncho!
You stoke my pluckin question! :rofl:

Welcome back! Poncho is to tweet! A little darling. I can't wait for more video & pics.

:hug9: TY for adopting!

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
You stoke my pluckin question! :rofl:

Welcome back! Poncho is to tweet! A little darling. I can't wait for more video & pics.

:hug9: TY for adopting!
The plucking is a wee bit unknown. It's not medical, at least not something contagious or an "illness" per say. She's had him for about 5 years of his life, and he was like this when bought with his now deceased mate. My working theory is that it's a combination of hormones and stress. Being totally candid, my boss doesn't know how to breed birds. She try's, but it ends up stressing them out more than anythin . And the person she bought him from wasnt exactly "reputable." Once he came to the shop, he actually grew back some bbn of his belly fluff, but most of the follicles are just too damaged to grow back.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
The poor boy! He's adorable!