• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poll from Perfectly Parrot - Make your own mix

If you could create your own mix would you? How many ingredients would you like?

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 2-4 Ingredients

• 6-8 Ingredients

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • More Ingredients

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
Would it interest you to be given the opportunity to create your own mix of parrot food from a list of fresh ingredients such as fruits, nuts, grains and vegetables? There would be a per lb charge for this product and you would be able to pick xx amount of ingredients.

I meant to make this to where you could vote on more than one thing, but I think I forgot to check that box, if a mod could help with that I would love it! (I'm such a dunce lol)

Last edited:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Sure I think it would be super neat to be able to do :)

I think cost is my only concern, if it would be reasonable I would buy it.

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
One reason I'm doing the poll Kristy! So I can figure out the best way to make it cost effective for everyone.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I would love to be able to do this, am so tired of having to pick through what I buy and remove things before feeding it to the fids,

at least it is not wasted, my outside crew and the squirrels and wild birds are not as picky!

tammie

Real Name
Tammie
I would love to be able to do this, am so tired of having to pick through what I buy and remove things before feeding it to the fids,

at least it is not wasted, my outside crew and the squirrels and wild birds are not as picky!
Our wild birds and rabbits get fat from all of the leftovers my birds don't eat.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I make my own here, it is a little pricey but worth it in my opinion. Heres the recipe.

4 cups of these mixed Dried Cantalope, Sunflower, and Pumpkin Seeds
3 cups of steel cut oats
2 cups of Whole Wheat Berries
2 Cups of each...coconut, pine nuts, chopped walnuts, and almonds
6 cups of dried and cut up fruits...pinapple, mango, apple, banana, and rasins
4 cups of dried vegetable mix- beans, peas, and carrot
1 cup dried corn for color
1 Cup oat circles (like cheerios)
1 cup Musilix (sp)

Last edited by a moderator:

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Thanks for the input! I'm going to work on a price. I will start with some ingredients and then possibly add more later. Have to start out with things I know mine will eat lol so I don't lose money having something that doesn't sell well. If you know what you would like to have then please PM me.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Ooohhh I love this idea. I would love to be able to make my own mix! Count me in!

Status
Not open for further replies.