• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poicephalus Breeder

braybray15

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Braydon
Hey all,
I’m having troubles tracking down someone who still breeds poicephalus parrots and was hoping I could be pointed in the right direction. I’m located in Nebraska and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Have you considered adopting instead? Even if there isn't a bird rescue maybe somebody's rehoming one. Are you sure you want a parrot? All parrots are loud, messy, destructive, expensive, need an avian vet, live for a long time, require lots of space, and they can be hormonal. If you can handle all those things, birds can be a great companion.

braybray15

Real Name
Braydon
I’ve owned parrots before, I should’ve included that, that’s my bad.

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
Rita Garris of Rainbow Parrots used to breed Meyer's parrots up until last fall. Due to personal reasons, she placed her breeding pairs with another breeder. You may be able to contact her for more information as to who else breeds Meyer's parrots and other poicephalus parrots.

Here is a link to her website: Home - Hand Fed Pet Green Cheek Conure Parrots for Sale Mississippi - Rainbow Parrots

Todd Marcus of Birds Exotic Inc. currently has four Meyer's parrots available (2 male and 2 female) and Cape parrots (male). They are located in New Jersey.

Here is a link to their website: Bird Store in Delran | Todd Marcus Birds Exotic | thebirdstore.com
Here are the links to their listing of the parrots on birdbreeders.com: Meyers Poicephalus #186103 for sale in Delran, NJ Brown Necked Poicephalus #186099 for sale in Delran, NJ

Birdman's Parrots in Illinois currently has Cape parrots available as well (genders unknown).
Here is a link to their website: - BIRDMAN'S BABY PARROTS - SHOP TOYS FOOD CAGES PARROTS BABY
Here is a link to their ad on birdbreeders.com: Brown Necked Poicephalus #186364 for sale in Niles, IL

@Bea was trying to rehome their senegal in September. I'm not sure if they rehomed their bird yet. They are located in Ohio. Here is a link to the post: Reputable Senegal breeders on the East coast?

Avalon Aviary in Colorado has an older Cape parrot available: http://avalonaviary.com/older-pet-birds-available.pdf
Here is their main website: Avalon Aviary Bird Store

Best of luck to you in your search for another feathered friend! :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Good Luck.

Seems to be harder to find all sorts of parrots during Covid even common ones not that I am really looking.

Meyers/ Senegals etc are not common but then again not rare or uncommon but a search for them was really sparse especially if you are looking to adopt an older one that for some reason is being rehomed.

Do watch out for increased scams.

braybray15

Real Name
Braydon
Rita Garris of Rainbow Parrots used to breed Meyer's parrots up until last fall. Due to personal reasons, she placed her breeding pairs with another breeder. You may be able to contact her for more information as to who else breeds Meyer's parrots and other poicephalus parrots.

Here is a link to her website: Home - Hand Fed Pet Green Cheek Conure Parrots for Sale Mississippi - Rainbow Parrots

Todd Marcus of Birds Exotic Inc. currently has four Meyer's parrots available (2 male and 2 female) and Cape parrots (male). They are located in New Jersey.

Here is a link to their website: Bird Store in Delran | Todd Marcus Birds Exotic | thebirdstore.com
Here are the links to their listing of the parrots on birdbreeders.com: Meyers Poicephalus #186103 for sale in Delran, NJ Brown Necked Poicephalus #186099 for sale in Delran, NJ

Birdman's Parrots in Illinois currently has Cape parrots available as well (genders unknown).
Here is a link to their website: - BIRDMAN'S BABY PARROTS - SHOP TOYS FOOD CAGES PARROTS BABY
Here is a link to their ad on birdbreeders.com: Brown Necked Poicephalus #186364 for sale in Niles, IL

@Bea was trying to rehome their senegal in September. I'm not sure if they rehomed their bird yet. They are located in Ohio. Here is a link to the post: Reputable Senegal breeders on the East coast?

Avalon Aviary in Colorado has an older Cape parrot available: http://avalonaviary.com/older-pet-birds-available.pdf
Here is their main website: Avalon Aviary Bird Store

Best of luck to you in your search for another feathered friend! :)
Avalon thankfully put me on a waiting list and said it will be a few months but it will be worth it.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
You need to wait til better weather & relaxed covid restrictions to ship anyway so the time is there anyway.

Good you are on a waiting list. Good luck & keep looking as you never know where the bird that's meant to be yours will appear.