• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~*Poi Roll Call!*~

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jake
He's a handsome boy!

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Waldo is a real doll :love:

TwoGreenFids

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jewels
Hi friends!

Don't know if this thread is still active but I wanted to share the newest addition to our flock! Just adopted this cutie, poor fella trashed his feathers from the stress of neglect. He looks like a chick with all his downy fluff, but is actually a 7 year old Senegal. We've only had him for a month but the feathers are slowly starting to grow out without him shredding! He is super affectionate and looooves beak rubs. Other than some occasional scritches, just wants to be near you! Or on you. Preferably on you hahaha

Still working on NOT BITING. Yowza. I have two Indian ringnecks and heard they had bad bites. They don't even come close! Oh right his name is Ringie (he came with the name). Working on teaching him that if he doesn't want cuddles or to step up, all he has to do is stepaway! Biting will not make the hand go away, but moving away will. That's how we trained our other two. Seems to be working, but my index finger may stay permanently swollen

We've recently graduated to a medium-tension bite (as opposed to the "I'll kill you and everything you love!!!!" bite) before stepping up. You know, just in case my finger planned on attacking him this time Can never be too careful

Love!

Attachments

TwoGreenFids

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jewels
Hi friends!

Don't know if this thread is still active but I wanted to share the newest addition to our flock! Just adopted this cutie, poor fella trashed his feathers from the stress of neglect. He looks like a chick with all his downy fluff, but is actually a 7 year old Senegal. We've only had him for a month but the feathers are slowly starting to grow out without him shredding! He is super affectionate and looooves beak rubs. Other than some occasional scritches, just wants to be near you! Or on you. Preferably on you hahaha

Still working on NOT BITING. Yowza. I have two Indian ringnecks and heard they had bad bites. They don't even come close! Oh right his name is Ringie (he came with the name). Working on teaching him that if he doesn't want cuddles or to step up, all he has to do is stepaway! Biting will not make the hand go away, but moving away will. That's how we trained our other two. Seems to be working, but my index finger may stay permanently swollen

We've recently graduated to a medium-tension bite (as opposed to the "I'll kill you and everything you love!!!!" bite) before stepping up. You know, just in case my finger planned on attacking him this time Can never be too careful

Love!
My emojis didn't come through! There was meant to be much more humour to the above message! Hahaha