• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poi Check In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
So, what are the temperaments (general) of each one? I am curious what Red Bellieds, Senegals, Meyers and Jardines are like in terms of things like activity level and noise level. And, just, what are they like to be around?
My sennie is probably one of the most challenging birds of my flock. He loves, loves, loves to have his head scritched and his feet rubbed, but if I ask him to step up boy will he bite, lol. He talks rather well, and is such a comic. I think that as far as the medium birds go they are such little brainiacs. Joey loves to just hang out and watch what is going on, and is fine to sit on my arm or shoulder as long as I let him make the decision. (In other words, I am sitting close enough and he decides to hop up) Joey is not loud other than imitating my sun conure contact call, but for the most part he would rather chatter away:

"What's for dinner?"

"Joe-Joes" (his nickname)

"JOEY!!!!!!"

"Hi birdy"

"Awwwww" (after I give him kisses usually)

"Whatcha doing"

He also knows some of the other birds by name, Chico and Ernie for the most part.

sueb45

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sue
What? No brown heads yet? Here's Paulie

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.