• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Plum Headed Parakeet

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:smileflower:

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
Its soooo pretty! :awww:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Stunning!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Memorizing eyes & that plum head/ sunny beak! Enchanting...

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Amazing do we have any plum keets on the Avenue?

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Absolutely gorgeous! :heart:

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Amazing do we have any plum keets on the Avenue?
Yep yep my little Pi is a plummie! Aussiebird linked his thread. He is pure splendor. Very sweet and caring birds, he loves all.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Can we see a photo of your sweetie please?

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
aw she’s such a cutie

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh lol he didn’t have the ring so that’s why I thought he was a she but it makes sense cuz he’s a juvenile

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Oh lol he didn’t have the ring so that’s why I thought he was a she but it makes sense cuz he’s a juvenile
Yep that is correct! It is very understandable that you thought he was a she. The only good indicator at a young age is DNA testing, which he had as a chick. Though boys do have different body language, but not the best way to tell.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yep that is correct! It is very understandable that you thought he was a she. The only good indicator at a young age is DNA testing, which he had as a chick. Though boys do have different body language, but not the best way to tell.
He is so cute! Was it hard to find a breeder?

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
He is so cute! Was it hard to find a breeder?
It wasn't that difficult for me to find them. Though location will be a factor, I'm in Australia, I am not sure how common they are State side. Their native land is India near the foothills of the Himalayas. They breed seasonally and aren't as prolific as other small parrots only 2-4 chicks a year if they decide to breed, sometimes they may go twice in one season and have a few more.. I think their breeding behaviour impacts their position in aviculture. I have never seen them at a pet store for example.

They are typically kept as aviary birds or in large flights to accommodate their flying. They are fast and agile fliers. My little guy flies an impressive amount around the house, as in lap after lap. He is also my most expensive pet to feed, as their diet consists of flower blossoms along with the veggies, fruits and typical parrot diets stuff :) . If I don't have blossoms ready in my own garden I get him organically grown edible blossoms, which are intended for human consumption. It is all part of my duty to provide for his cute little mug. He is worth every bit! Love him dearly and his sweet and gregarious manner is a dream.

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
It wasn't that difficult for me to find them. Though location will be a factor, I'm in Australia, I am not sure how common they are State side. Their native land is India near the foothills of the Himalayas. They breed seasonally and aren't as prolific as other small parrots only 2-4 chicks a year if they decide to breed, sometimes they may go twice in one season and have a few more.. I think their breeding behaviour impacts their position in aviculture. I have never seen them at a pet store for example.

They are typically kept as aviary birds or in large flights to accommodate their flying. They are fast and agile fliers. My little guy flies an impressive amount around the house, as in lap after lap. He is also my most expensive pet to feed, as their diet consists of flower blossoms along with the veggies, fruits and typical parrot diets stuff :) . If I don't have blossoms ready in my own garden I get him organically grown edible blossoms, which are intended for human consumption. It is all part of my duty to provide for his cute little mug. He is worth every bit! Love him dearly and his sweet and gregarious manner is a dream.
He sounds amazing! I would love to get one someday.