• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Plucking or molting?

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hello,
Today I found that there are no hairs on the inside of my bird's right wing. My bird seems to be molting right now, and his age is still less than a year. So I'm thinking my bird is molting. However, I would like to know your opinion if it seems that my bird is plucking.
I will attach two videos. Thanks for reading my post.
(This video less hair than other video)
(normal hair video)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It looks fine to me. Doesn’t look like anything is wrong under the wing as far as I’m concerned.

Birds are sparsely feathered in certain areas and under the wing is one of those areas so you will see skin much easier than you can see it on other areas of their bodies.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
It looks fine to me. Doesn’t look like anything is wrong under the wing as far as I’m concerned.

Birds are sparsely feathered in certain areas and under the wing is one of those areas so you will see skin much easier than you can see it on other areas of their bodies.
Thank you for replying. Ok that is good to hear that. I never see bird's skin so I thought my bird is plucker.