• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pls help

Ahad

Moving in
Real Name
Ahad
Greetings, So i bought a female ringneck from a really bad market of birds. I had her for approximately 8 months now. Problem is she has like a weird lump on one side of the toe and also the bottom of the foot is like orange/light brown she still uses the foot and nothing has changed in her behavior. I think its bumblefeet not sure though pls help me out really worried.
Thank you

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
What kind of perches do you use?

Ahad

Moving in
Real Name
Ahad
What kind of perches do you use?
I use a dried bamboo stick also a wooden perch. Thing is she sits on her cage for most of the morning which is some kind of metal. At night she is on the bamboo stick

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Can you share pics of all the perches your bird frequently uses? You may need to offer more size variety with your perches. Bamboo is generally the same shape and width through the whole length- this is not good.
Are your wooden perches natural tree branches or are they dowels?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
The bottom of her foot does not look like it has bumblefoot, but the sore on the side of the toe looks worrisome. Not a place for bumblefoot to show up. She may have gotten something stuck in it and it is becoming infected or worn it on something. Would be a good idea to take her to the vet before it gets worse.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Agreed, if we could see pics of her setup we could offer more advice but I would definitely recommend taking her to an avian vet

Ahad

Moving in
Real Name
Ahad
Ok thank you guys for the help there is an animal vet near me i will take her there today sadly no avian near me but i hope the doctor can prescribe some kind of medication for the infection. Also would maybe mupirocin cream work ?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Here is what I could find on mupirocin - looks like it is safe when used as directed.

Ahad

Moving in
Real Name
Ahad
So i went to the vet 2 days ago he prescribed an antibiotic and also vitamins enro plus drops and vita plus also a cream called travocort i have been applying the cream 2 times a day and antibiotics 1 time a day with vitamins just 1 time in 2 days the lump is shrinking and also its becoming like red in the middle looks like blood he was saying its some kind of fungus want your guy's opinion on the medicine also is the lump healing with the red in the middle ?