• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please meet Juno

Jupiter&Venus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kim
Please meet Juno.. 24 days old! I had to take over from mom and dad at 20 days. So for 4 days now we have been getting the hang of it and Juno is doing really well syringe feeding and now I’m noticing him plucking at the floor of course there is nothing for him to get to.. my question is when can I introduce him to trying to take bites of formula on his own and when can I introduce food other than formula and what should those foods be?? E2E1DE16-318B-4CA5-88F4-C4E5FBE7289E.jpeg

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Jupiter&Venus ,,,what a cutie! Start with soft foods, cooked oatmeal , brown rice, sweet potatoes , scrambled eggs, softened pellets, tiny raw broccoli florets, finely diced carrots, apples, spinach...avicakes are good, just try different things ...looks like he's a silver whiteface?!

Jupiter&Venus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kim
@Jupiter&Venus ,,,what a cutie! Start with soft foods, cooked oatmeal , brown rice, sweet potatoes , scrambled eggs, softened pellets, tiny raw broccoli florets, finely diced carrots, apples, spinach...avicakes are good, just try different things ...looks like he's a silver whiteface?!
These are all the foods I offer the parents of the baby.. at what age can I safely start offering the baby??

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
These are all the foods I offer the parents of the baby.. at what age can I safely start offering the baby??
As soon he starts exploring with his mouth,, or around 5 weeks or so, he actually looks old enough to start trying, even if he just plays with, he'll get the idea.

Jupiter&Venus

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Kim
As soon he starts exploring with his mouth,, or around 5 weeks or so, he actually looks old enough to start trying, even if he just plays with, he'll get the idea.
He’s less than 4 weeks but he is exploring with his mouth... I just want to make sure it’s safe for him..