• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please keep my sweet little cloud in your thoughts

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww I'm so sorry to hear Nube had an accident. I think there's not much more you could have done. But hey, sounds like he's on the mend. Great news. Give the little guy some extra AA smooches from us!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Also I really see what you mean about the colouration being different depending on the picture. I always thought he was all blue/grey, but here he looks like the sky! Beautiful!
In sunlight his blue patches shine jade. He truly is unique and beautiful. I can never get it on picture how beautiful he is, it´s a shame, I wish you could all see it.

Funny story, I said before about the antifungal staining yellow... well... :o: ... after I fed him it, I needed to wipe his beak... forgot to snap a bit of tissue off before I started, couldn´t do it with one hand... I look around and typical, my boyfriend has tossed his Tshirt on the sofa and left it lying around :rolleyes: well, stuff him, I´ll wipe Nubes beak on that. Perfect. Fast forward to me tidying up... I pick the shirt up again... and it´s mine!!! :facepalm: Talk about karma! Hopefully it washes out, I only bought it the other day... :grumpy:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry to hear about Nubes injury :( but I'm glad to hear he's doing so well now. Like others have said you not a bad mom, in fact I think you're an excellent bird owner.
:sadhug2:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Get better quickly Nube!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope he's better soon!

MrEggJnr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lee
GET BETTER NUBE! Kumo and Yuki want you to be healthy and hopefully happy with Lapis again.

Flokirocks

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Suzan
Hope Nube will be better soon! He's in the finest of hands!
What a pretty boy :heart:

Dorcas George

Just reading. How is the little guy today? I'm sorry he got hurt, but I'm so glad you could whisk him to the vet. Still looking for a closer avian vet here. He is SO beautiful!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
How is the little guy today?
He is taking his medicine, and hes slept twice today. He´s probably bored, and missing his girlfriend :(
I have noticed him pacing, which I try to interupt. It´s sad, but hopefully only temporary.
Follow up is in just a couple of days, I just hope when we go back, the vet sees good progress. I have not been looking because he gets stressed with me holding him to look closely, so I have just been medicating him, then letting him sit and relax with me without anyone poking or prodding him.
I have not noticed any feathers in the tray. I did find that odd poking out feather though, had a little dried blood on like he´d yoinked it out.

I'm so glad you could whisk him to the vet.
I am very lucky to have found this vet because my previous vet was closed during both non routine visits over the last year and during both wild bird emergencies.
I hope you are able to find a closer vet, it really does help reduce the stress.

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
i am sorry. hope Nube gets better:sadhug2:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
We are just home from the followup.

Vet says that he is healing nicely, though he has picked at one side at some point (that is the side that had the dried blood, but it is healing dispite the picking). If he keeps at it, he´ll need a collar. Appointment for next week to see how things go.
I got some itraconazole (antifungal) for him to take twice a day, to carry on with the antiinflamitory one per day and the antibiotics twice per day.
He sprayed the antibiotic spray again (I thought he said antiseptic last time, but it is in fact an antibiotic spray). He said best I don´t do it daily as it really messes his feathers up, as you can see on all the pics I have posted on this thread. We shall see...
He is back in his little temp cage, sleeping in the corner on the floor, he has done that since I put him in there...
Oh and the total cost of todays appointment was just 3.50 (4USdollars and a little change) for the medicines, so that was nice :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
IMG_20200722_164614.jpg ready to go
IMG_20200722_170008.jpg
IMG_20200722_170016.jpg looking gorgeous :)
IMG_20200722_172306.jpg sleepy after being handled
IMG_20200722_173206.jpg back at the car
IMG_20200722_173322.jpg ready to go home

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hopefully he won't need a collar.
The vet is a little reluctant to put one on him as ¨they often rub the neck (at the front) and ruin the feathers there¨. I am home a lot, so I can interupt a lot of the attention he is giving that area. So yea, hopefully it won´t come to needing a collar.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aww I'm sorry I missed this! Sounds like he's doing better but I definitely know how you feel. So relieving that the vet took a look. So you're thinking right now that it's a skin problem that he picked at?