• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please keep my dog in your prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Erin
As you know I have a older dog. And I shoudl be used to this. THey get aches and pains. But everytime that he gets one, I feel like a horrible mommy. I just want to hold him and keep him from hurting at all. He's gonna be 10 this Sunday. We are taking the weekend off for sure.
I walked by him and tapped him with my foot, is all I can guess because he yiped. I always feel horrible when that happens too. So I went to hug him. It is his shoulder that hurts, same leg that was hurt last time. He yiped and gave a little growl. I did not get after him for that because he NEVER growls at me. It just told me that there really is something wrong with my baby.
Only thing that we (mom and I ) can think of is, that he's been playing too rough with the puppy. Because he hasn't overexerted himself other then by playing with the puppy.
We are not going to take him to the vet at this point. Because last time it just went away. We are gonna watch it though. He's my baby and I hate that he's hurting but if it is just arthritis I can get meds for that Rimadyl for one.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
poor baby....yes definitely in my prayers..very hard to watch them grow old

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
He probably did over do it playing with the puppy. Sounds like some rest and TLC are in order :hug8:
I know I ache after playing to hard with the young ones :lol:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
He very well may have overdone it - and you take such good care of him, I know he will be fine

sending prayers and healing energy

:hug8:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Sorry to hear your dog is not feeling well. Do you give her anything for pain to take the edge off? What about laying her on her side and doing simple massage to shoulders and hips. Hoep she starts feeling etter soon.

Since my dog did performance sports I would have to deal with joint discomfort in her. She went to a doggie chiropractor. AFter 4 months of crate rest after an injury and no improvement I sought alternative treatment. When she was done with her adjustment she litterally jumped up and ran around...

Yep, they do get things out of joint just like we do.

Peggy

Last edited:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so sorry...it is so hard as they get old...my 16 year old lab gets a twice daily pill of glyco flex III...she has taken it for years and i really do feel it has helped her live this long...in addition she gets 50 mg of deramaxx for pain.

I hope your baby feels better soon. i know the days my dog walker comes Coco is a little more stiff and sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.